Powder shortage

gixer1

I can't believe the hassle over here in the USA getting pistol powder, I've heard people complain in the UK but I never had a problem getting powder in the UK!

what are people doing to get powders over here? Mail order?

regards,
gixer

I can't believe the hassle over here in the USA getting pistol powder, I've heard people complain in the UK but I never had a problem getting powder in the UK!

what are people doing to get powders over here? Mail order?

regards,
gixer

Sure. You can but there is a HAZMAT fee. Google these:
:Natchez Shooter's Supply
:MidwayUSA
:Graf & Sons
:Chattanooga Shooter's Supply
:Mid South Shooter's Supply.

Good luck.
What are you looking for?~Muir

Sure. You can but there is a HAZMAT fee. Google these:
:Natchez Shooter's Supply
:MidwayUSA
:Graf & Sons
:Chattanooga Shooter's Supply
:Mid South Shooter's Supply.

Good luck.
What are you looking for?~Muir

Midway seem to be sold out of most pistol powders muir, I'm just looking for a 1lb tub of powder for the 9mm, to suit 100/115gr reloads

i ordered the bullets from Graf & sons but they also seem to be out of most powders for pistols as are midsouth.

And I'm about an hour south of OKC.

regards,

gixer

Midway seem to be sold out of most pistol powders muir, I'm just looking for a 1lb tub of powder for the 9mm, to suit 100/115gr reloads

i ordered the bullets from Graf & sons but they also seem to be out of most powders for pistols as are midsouth.

And I'm about an hour south of OKC.

regards,

gixer

Is that all?? An hour??? I drive that far to see my girl friend a couple of times a week. What I don't get at the trading post comes from the City about 65 miles away.
Welcome to the US west.:D

As I asked, what are you looking for specifically? Did you try the other people I listed?? How about Accurate Arms Powders? I love #7 powder for 45ACP. They are about 125 miles from me and seem to have a decent output for the stores.~Muir

Is that all?? An hour??? I drive that far to see my girl friend a couple of times a week. What I don't get at the trading post comes from the City about 65 miles away.
Welcome to the US west.:D

As I asked, what are you looking for specifically? Did you try the other people I listed?? How about Accurate Arms Powders? I love #7 powder for 45ACP. They are about 125 miles from me and seem to have a decent output for the stores.~Muir

muir, the hour was in response to the person asking where I was located, you american pansies drive an hour on straight interstates, try doing in on the roads on the UK :) lol.

On a more serious note I've tried your list and still no luck for pistol powder, everyone seems to be out.

do the gun/pawn shops here ever stock powder as when I type it into Google there seems to be a few pawn shops not to far from me that come up?

i could send you some of these dollar things and you could send me some!

regards,
gixer

muir, the hour was in response to the person asking where I was located, you american pansies drive an hour on straight interstates, try doing in on the roads on the UK :) lol.

On a more serious note I've tried your list and still no luck for pistol powder, everyone seems to be out.

do the gun/pawn shops here ever stock powder as when I type it into Google there seems to be a few pawn shops not to far from me that come up?

i could send you some of these dollar things and you could send me some!

regards,
gixer

We make the roads straight so that we can rope the wheel and take naps between towns. I'll take you to south east L.A. and see how you like the interstate there! :D

Pawn shops generally don't carry reloading equipment or components. There are at least seven gunshops in OKC. This one seems prominent. They claim to be the best.
[h=3]C.O.P.S. Gun Shop - OKC, OK | (405) 235-2677[/h]Give them a try.
And, for almost the umpteenth time....
What powder are you looking to find??? If you can tell me that, I can see about sending you some as a last resort. HAZMAT will still apply and that can double the price of powder...which sucks! ~Muir

We make the roads straight so that we can rope the wheel and take naps between towns. I'll take you to south east L.A. and see how you like the interstate there! :D

Pawn shops generally don't carry reloading equipment or components. There are at least seven gunshops in OKC. This one seems prominent. They claim to be the best.
C.O.P.S. Gun Shop - OKC, OK | (405) 235-2677

Give them a try.
And, for almost the umpteenth time....
What powder are you looking to find??? If you can tell me that, I can see about sending you some as a last resort. HAZMAT will still apply and that can double the price of powder...which sucks! ~Muir

muir,

as long as it's a powder suitable for 9mm pistol ammo and I can get load data I don't care what brand it is!

I will try that place in OK tomorrow and see what they have...

regards,
Gixer

muir,

as long as it's a powder suitable for 9mm pistol ammo and I can get load data I don't care what brand it is!

I will try that place in OK tomorrow and see what they have...

regards,
Gixer

You mean you can't get ANY pistol powder?? Wow! That's rough. Now I see what you were getting to. We can come up with something. No worries. If OKC doesn't pan out I will arrange some to reach you.~Muir

You mean you can't get ANY pistol powder?? Wow! That's rough. Now I see what you were getting to. We can come up with something. No worries. If OKC doesn't pan out I will arrange some to reach you.~Muir

muir,

ill call all them today, thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated!

Not looking good! called all the ones in OKC and no success, they put me onto a place in Tulsa (Jerry's) as they said that was the closest they knew of, and they aren't answering the phone. :(

Why is powder so scarce here?

regards,
Gixer

Not looking good! called all the ones in OKC and no success, they put me onto a place in Tulsa (Jerry's) as they said that was the closest they knew of, and they aren't answering the phone. :(

Why is powder so scarce here?

regards,
Gixer

No clue! That's crazy. I just looked at Western Powder's site at which they list a half dozen or better suppliers -big ones. All are out of pistol powders.
Let me look around here....
~Muir

Finally managed to get some powder, a pound of blue dot, not ideal for 9mm but there are is some data available, anyone got a recipe for 115gr hornady RN FMJ 124gr hornady XTR's and I also oddly received 100 x 100gr RN FMJ, an unusual weight for 9mm but if someone knows of data for blue dot please let me know.

i'm really looking for light shooting but accurate target loads.

regards,
gixer

Back