disappointed

scoop

I had some things to do in town today so i took my gift voucher for the local fishing/shooting shop and dropped in before heading home
I came home with the voucher in my pocket
I couldn't even spend £25
The shop hadn't anything that i needed , i went in looking for a skinning knife , shooting gloves , rifle bag or at least some 410 cartridges NOTHING , they will be ordering more cartridges later in the month
I remember when i was younger they used to stock a lot more , now if its not fishing or co2 pistols they don't seem to be interested

Game sport?

Bought my first air rifle from there and I think that's about it, everytime a go they don't have anything I need or could even spend a few pound on. Don't think the shops changed for the last 10yr I have been in.

I think people should support their local shops but gamesport is losing customers by not stocking much

I think people should support their local shops but gamesport is losing customers by not stocking much
Never give the place a thought now , we'll use bruce at pollockshaws as it's only 20 mins from me

Sounds like a good many other gun shops that I've walked out empty handed of on a good many occasion when they don't have what you want, which is often the most basic of things. They then wonder why shooters revert to the internet.
And don't anyone try to defend this type of shop by saying "but they can order it in" because they never do, it never turns up or they can't even be bothered to get you a price or ring you back.

Common problem
Business is poor due to people getting postables online
They cut costs and carry less stock to free up cashflow,
Business declines further as they have less and less to sell

Country Life in Balgreen/Edinburgh went to the wall just recently
I always popped in but it was a funny mix of stuff they had

Sounds like a good many other gun shops that I've walked out empty handed of on a good many occasion when they don't have what you want, which is often the most basic of things. They then wonder why shooters revert to the internet.
And don't anyone try to defend this type of shop by saying "but they can order it in" because they never do, it never turns up or they can't even be bothered to get you a price or ring you back.

Agreed . . And the thing is, the vast majority of the time you can just order it in yourself and have it delivered to your door.

Back