7x64 Brenneke Reamer

CCB

Hi All

Does anyone on here have or know the whereabouts of a 7 x 64 Reamer and Go guage for sale in the UK? looking to possible re barrell?

Kind Regards

Chris

Midwayuk have one on thier page. What load data you planning to use?

Thanks for that, been using the 7 x 64 for the last 7 years, found that 46gns of N140 and 139gn SST work well for me! although i have tried many different factory loads, and have found that Sako 170gn hammerheads shoot great too when i started loading for it data was next to nill! relied on word of mouth! Keen to here what others use though!
Cheers

Here is the requested load data.
Caliber: 7mmx64 Brenneke.
Barrel length: 24”
Powder: Ramshot –- HUNTER.
Bullet weight: 140 grain
Start load: 52.2 grains (2625– 2725 ft/p/sec)
Maximum load: 59.8 grains (3050 – 3150 Ft/p/sec).
NOTES:
It’ important to note that SAFETY is our prime concern therefore we strongly recommend.
1. TO ALWAYS BEGIN LOADING AT THE RECOMMENDED MINIMUM “START” LOAD.
was going to try ramshot hunter this is what they recommended as a load when I emailed them

Thanks, mine is loaded mild at that!, 2600 fps is what i average! its hopefully going for a new barrel soon, i will try some new loads then.
Cheers

Thanks, mine is loaded mild at that!, 2600 fps is what i average! its hopefully going for a new barrel soon, i will try some new loads then.
Cheers
mine have just been through the chrony and are going 3016 fps with only 8 fps difference with 10 shots

Get the reamer and the gauge from PTG - it will be here within a couple weeks.

Ive just had large order delivered in 10 day turn around….

N-160 is great with heavier bullets, like the 154-gr Hornady or the 160-gr BTSP or BTHP Sierra Gamekings.
57.0 grains ( work up to it )
Federal 210 Match primers
Very accurate, way sub MOA from several quality rifles.

Yup, interesting loads! will defo try and work up a new load shortly! pleasing to hear how many fellow 7 x 64 owners out there! great caliber! just a shame it wasnt more popular?

Thanks to all who replied! and appreciate the advice! taken on board!

Cheers

You could contact Cumbrian 1 on here I bought a 7x64 from him and he told me he was having one built. Think if I remember correct Dave Wylde of Valkyrie rifles was building it for him,if so he would have a reamer.

You could contact Cumbrian 1 on here I bought a 7x64 from him and he told me he was having one built. Think if I remember correct Dave Wylde of Valkyrie rifles was building it for him,if so he would have a reamer.

Thanks, bought the reamer from Chris at Rhino rifles, hopefully the start of a new project! thanks for the advice! its appreciated!
Cheers

Chris

Back