Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking or stalking boots

Walking or stalking boots

I've had a look at a few threads here, and am in the market for some good boots. I plan to use them for beating regularly and hill walking. And, of course, stalking when I can go.

I was looking at simply replacing my Brashers, which have lasted me six or so years and have been comfortable and fairly durable. But, should I be looking at stalking boots in particular?

What makes a good boot into a good stalking boot?

I've got my eye on Harkila 9" or 12", but I'm not sure I need the extra few inches.

Recently got a pair from British military surplus of extreme cold weather boots. Excellent and grade 1 issued appeared almost new

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    stay clear of the harkila,s
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Essexsussex View Post
    Recently got a pair from British military surplus of extreme cold weather boots. Excellent and grade 1 issued appeared almost new

This is the best advice why? because these boots are far superior in every way to anything else at any price period...............

And even better when they are 35. I nearly spent 200 but folk on here saved me and I don't regret it at all. Can't think you could buy a much better pair except if they made the same with speed lacing instead of riveted eyelets

Get into a few shops an try on what you can get your hands on is a good start and see whats what.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    If you are hill walking also have a look at Scarpa boots. I have the SL's, and they are supremely comfortable. I also use them for stalking in wet weather.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Not sure I want extreme cold weather boots... I usually run warm, but there are goretex ones (I can't link to them yet). That's certainly a good price (65 new or 35 grade 1).

So, why *not* go with the well known Scandi boots? (I have a small case of kit lust at the moment ).