Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Precision Nexus Compact - any reviews?

Lawrence Precision Nexus Compact - any reviews?

Looking for any reviews, comments, opinions, etc. on the Lawrence Precision Nexus Compact moderator...

Note - the compact model is the shorter version of the Nexus - 19cm long, 300g weight

Products | Lawrence Precision

I've got one of them on my Blaser r8 .243. I'm highly delighted with it and will consider buying one in a different calibre if I buy a different barrel.

atb Tim

I have one on a Sako 85 in 30-06. I was after a small, light high-quality moderator and was happy to compromise on noise attenuation in favour of less weight and heft. I already had a Nexus (non-compact) on a Sauer 202 in 6.5x55 which I was happy with. Simon through my RFD did advise that the noise attenuation on the compact in a 30 cal would not be as effective as on a larger mod, but having used it, I am happy to recommend the unit.

Given the choice again, I would probably have put the compact on the 6.5 in the first place.

Hi I have one on my 3006 and it's a cracking but of kit , they are a bit more money than their rivals but don't think
    you could compare their quality or service from simon , buy once buy the best !!

I dont now what calibre your putting it on but i stalk with a chap off here and he uses one an eclipse (well i think its an eclipse) on a 6.5 and its pleasent to the ear so it does what it should it also feels very well balanced

i cant comment on any other calibre as i havnt heard one on anything else

I've been looking at these for the 6.5x55 I'm planning to buy, so I'm interested in the thread, does anyone have one on the shorter option barrel on a T3 or had their barrel chopped to have one?? Would you recommend that? A friend has a massive over barrel mod on a t3 super varmint with a heavy barrel and I can barely lift it and its really unbalanced, so really keen on these ultra light mods and would appreciate anyones opinion of them on longer and shorter barrels, Cheers

I have got one on my 6.5x55, not the quietest but balances the rifle brilliant.

I also have one on a 6.5x55 and am disappointed by the noise

PointBlank did you have the barrel shortened in order to get the mod/maintain the balance??

I have one on a Steyr Scout .308W as I was looking to keep the combo as short and as light as possible.

Sound attenuation: Not any better or any worse than most other moderator
    Engineering/Built quality: Superior
    Weight: Balances the already short rifle very nicely.
    A few wisdom's:
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men
    • If you can get closer, get closer.
    • If you can get more stable, get more stable.