Your comments (Whatever form they might take!)

think standard blacking would be more classy, but I'm a traditionalist. I can see what you were looking for and you may have obtained it (Damascus 'look', but durable?)

looks good, nice action ;)

I quite like that finish finnbear, but I would like to see it in the flesh as the camera doesn't always convey the exact look.

My thoughts too, damascus like and durable.
I like it but I'm not a wood fan...I'd have to go on a hunt for a suitable synthetic stock.
It is very classy as it is though.

I can see you've attempted to run the theme into the scope care of matching turret but having done something similar with my stainless Sauer 90 action I think it would be best to have kept the rings black.

K

In fact as my old go to, ( a Finnbear .270 ), has some serious battle scars around the last eight inches of her barrel, she may find herself making the trip to Oldham.:eek:

Looks a cracking finnish i should have waited in the yard the other night to see it in the flesh. The colour looks impresive

Did it cost much? Looks good. What rifle is it on?

Cost was well under the fore-casted £200.00p,... The rifle is / was a Sako Finnbear .264 Win Mag, wearing a rotted out barrel, probably due to lack of care by the owner, re - barreled & bedded by Mike Norris of Brock & Norris rifles @ Sandford, Nr Whitchurch, utilising a select match grade Lothar Walther stainless sporter contour barrel,chambered for .300Win Mag, finished off with a dinky little pepperpot brake.:drool::thumb:

Not to my liking may look better in a synthetic stock, it looks to me like its been left out in the rain and gone rusty lol

Back