Thread: Hello to all from the USA...

Hello to all from the USA...

My handle is Vajinyan and my name is Larry. I live in and do most of my hunting in VA (Virginia) and WV (West Virginia). The topography is lots of forest and few long shots if any, except for the usual farmers’ field. I hunt mostly deer, grey squirrel and turkey. I guess my favorite is hunting tree squirrels, so peaceful walking thru the forest and popping those little buggers out of the tree tops and cooking them up later for a nice stew. However as of late I am getting into varmint hunting such as coyote and ground hogs.

I consider myself mostly a rifleman, I do own a few handguns but I like hitting what I aim at so I mostly stick to long guns. I shoot mostly calibers suited to White Tail Deer size game, such as 243 Winchester, 270 Win. and 308 Win.

For my varmint hunting I like and use the 17 Ackley Hornet for its accuracy and ease of loading. For some reason it will put down a big ole fat ground hog like turning off a light switch. No turmoil they just stop dead in their tracks.

I also shoot a lot of 223 Remington cartridge, great for bigger varmints like coyotes. Easy to load for and components are plentiful, love the 223R. I also shoot a 20 Tactical, which is a 223R necked down to 20 cal and case blown out a bit at shoulder. Another accurate and easy to load for cartridge.

Rim fires! You name it I shoot it. My favorite is the 17 Hornady MkII. Unfortunately it seems to be dying on the vine… At this time no one is making ammo for it, however Hornady and CCI claim they will keep producing the cartridge. We will see, I surely hope so. I have three really nice rifles in that cartridge.

Wow, I was just going to say Hey! And got carried away. Anyways glad to be here and look forward to meeting you guys and gals. See ya-all around!

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome Vajinyan!

It is lovely country in your part of the world. Used to have relatives in Falls Church.

Enjoy the site,

Hello and Welcome to the site

Welcome to the site Larry.
    We have a few "blue ridges" over here too .
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"