Scope pricing

Lez325

Ive just bought a CZ 527 in 222 calibre- nice fox rifle- with it came scope which I intent to sell on as I have a larger mag scope to fit to the .222

its a Linsenfeld 6x42 with a German No4 ret anyone know how much this scope is worth ( its mint)

not wishing to advertise with a guess on the price :confused:

Thanks for looking

Les :cool:

If its in good condition then 60% of its original price is about the going rate.

regards
griff

Well due to the fact that Lisenfeld no longer exist and they did have somewhat of a spotty reputation for quality :cry: it seems to have hurt their sales. Some people won't touch them others like them. I have a 3-9x42 Lisenfeld on a rifle and it has served me well.

I would say £100- £125 but that's only my own opinion ;) and I have no idea what they sold for originally or even how long ago Mr Lisenfeld died and his factory closed.

Last edited:
interesting to hear your comments on Lisenfeld. I had some binocculars that were really clear, but that fell to pieces on me in no time; fortunately got a full refund and never went near Lisenfeld again.

I have the exact same scope on my .222 I bought it for £180 around 7 years ago it has served me well and is as clear as when I bought it.These scopes came with a guarantee but as others have said the company has folded so guarantee is worthless

deerhunter270

interesting to hear your comments on Lisenfeld. I had some binocculars that were really clear, but that fell to pieces on me in no time; fortunately got a full refund and never went near Lisenfeld again.

When I brought my Lisenfeld scope used I made enquiries about them. I was informed that they had failures but those failures tended to happen fairly quickly. If they didn't fail quickly they seemed to be good and not give trouble. I cannot recall how long I have owned my Lisenfeld scope but so far it has served me well and yes I would have another.

Back