Buying or not on site!

adrianevo

I saw a .17 hmr for sale at the weekend by fox stalker . I spoke to him and agreed the asking price.
All Ok until this morning driving to buy the rifle I get a text,what time will arrive?
12ish I reply.
text back Ive been called to work!
Then I see its sold on site!and no answer to calls!
What happened to Given Word?????????

Are you sure it is not just a misunderstanding? For example, "sold" sign meant sold to you and to another person/party. But, if what you say is factual.....you have every right to be disappointed and aggrieved. I believe that 99.99% of people are honest and honourable but these incidences do make me think if it I am just naive.

Do you mean it's just marked as sold? In which case could this not be because it is sold to you? And if he has been called to work then he probably wouldn't be able to reply, surely?

I'd suggest maybe give him a bit of time first before the witch hunt!

My apologies I may be jumping the gun.But said does not reply to phone or text.
All may be well,and yes I do think of this as a private members club with appropriate
standards.
Taking the day of work and having to turn home half way made me hot headed
I shall wait for answer.
I hope I am wrong and it is just a misunderstanding.

My apologies I may be jumping the gun.But said does not reply to phone or text.
Quite right too, if he's at work!
I'd be really peed off if I employed someone, and they were spending time (the time I was paying them for) engaged in private calls. The number of man hours lost through inappropriate mobile 'phone use must be huge problem for employers.

Anyway, I hope it's just a simple misunderstanding. I've bought a number of items off this site - ranging from "free to a good home" to several thousand pounds, and everyone has been honourable to deal with!
In fact, I would go so far as to say that one of the best things about this site is that the members are, on the whole, some of the most decent chaps I've met / had dealings with :tiphat:

I'd be really peed off if I employed someone, and they were spending time (the time I was paying them for) engaged in private calls. The number of man hours lost through inappropriate mobile 'phone use must be huge problem for employers.

Anyway, I hope it's just a simple misunderstanding. I've bought a number of items off this site - ranging from "free to a good home" to several thousand pounds, and everyone has been honourable to deal with!
In fact, I would go so far as to say that one of the best things about this site is that the members are, on the whole, some of the most decent chaps I've met / had dealings with :tiphat:
+1

I saw a .17 hmr for sale at the weekend by fox stalker . I spoke to him and agreed the asking price.
All Ok until this morning driving to buy the rifle I get a text,what time will arrive?
12ish I reply.

I too get called into work at short notice, at any time of the year, I work for an ambulance service and have the ability to repair comm's systems and get a vehicle back to service to respond and save lives at times, all for 9% of my salary. They would NOT expect me to not attend, other than for a serious issue, or take or make calls whilst attending, the guy was called into work, no need for another witch-hunt on here. deerwarden

You never watch how many "Smoke" breaks get taken?, I feel for those who don't need the regular fix.

Still have money and no rifle
There is always another
I will probably buy a new one from a dealer
at least given word counts in a shop!

That is a shame
i have bought quite a few items via members of SD
and always had respected the given word that secured the deal even when days or weeks had elapsed due to our commitments before completing the transaction ..

That is a shame
i have bought quite a few items via members of SD
and always had respected the given word that secured the deal even when days or weeks had elapsed due to our commitments before completing the transaction ..

Me too... but i was stung twice as well... last time with an S4 Lockdown, the seller contacted me and asked if i'm still after it as i had expressed my interested earlier, i said yes, i would buy them, and then he sold it to someone else on here... :cuckoo:

Nothing to comment on above but i must say in the short time i have been on sd i have nothing but praise for everyone i have dealt with so far.as ive said before if theres nowt to hide be up front with everyone .ok there will allways be one tulip in a bunch of daffodils oh and one or two trolls.but in my experience so far its been good .if you check my friend list all the names on it so far are top class and straight and i can vouch for everyone on it. Hope you sort it out.atb doug [emoji316]

12ish I reply.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet there.
dodgy cartridge HMR.....:D
Get a WMR! man's cartridge!

Back