thinking of purchasing a xbolt 223

neillfrbs

As the title ,am seriously thinking of getting a browning xbolt in 223 for fox. but have read some interesting articles on the net ,about rounds failing to eject ect.
really like the look and feel of the rifle in the synthetic stock and the price ,but am a bit concerned what I have read .
so how do you guys rate them, that have them, or have had them .
thanks neill.

Neill,
I have the xbolt stainless in 243, it's a workhorse that has never let me down no matter what the weather. I would buy another when the time comes, hope this helps.

ATB 243 Stalker.

i have a 308 xbolt stainless /syn and its had a right work out/hard time , its never let me down

hi Neil had an x/bolt .223 very accurate no problems factory ammo and home loads used it for fox and munties sold it to a firearms licencing officer it was the synthetic stainless model

Not to every ones cup of tea but a fine work horse my choice, would be a tikka or sako but then i am a sako nut :doh:

I havnt heard anything bad about them. I considered one in 308 but ended up with a Sako instead. They seem like good value to me

I think they had a few problems with the first lot that came into the country in particular alignment of scope mounts and poor triggers. I think that they have got over these setbacks now and the new ones fitted with the super feather trigger shoot very well indeed especially if fitted in a GRS stock, I tried one a few months back and liked it a lot.

Back