Thread: roe buck

roe buck

i was out stalking the other morning for the last few does that needed off this season. i was up a high seat waiting for enough light to have a walk about when i nice roe buck poped out just in frount of me he was a beuty and i notesed he had rubbed the velvet off the top of his antlers he needs a few more years on him yet but i'll be keeping an eye on him.
    has any one else seen roe shedding velvet this early?

Yes,depends on where you are situated, but I would suggest that he may be older than you think, older bucks are first to clean
    and would suspect that he is a mature buck if has started to shed this early.

The guy i run the stalking with in Hampshire "Phil" said he saw one about 3 weeks almost clean that he glassed from a high seat now I would say that early was a freak animal and something had gone wrong as it didn't look like a mature buck either...

I've been watching a mature buck in Cheshire that started rubbing velvet off over a week ago....

Could a growing buck get frostbite in the tips of his antlers ?????

2434me, yes is the answer.

l saw a clean buck a week ago, looking over last years records it was about the same time last year.

I saw a clean mature buck on sunday morning and his antlers were starting to colour up.