hoggs of fife pro hunting gloves ?

I have had two Hoggs products one was a jacket the other a pair of trousers. Both had the legend WATERPROOF in the description. Both have been very poor maybe water repellent for a couple of wears. Personally I would never buy anything else made by them but maybe I was just unlucky. I am sure other people will have had better experiences. I use Sealskinz Hunting gloves and they are superb, not cheap but the best gloves I have ever purchased and boy do I feel the cold.

Last edited:
Thanks viz,
I have sealskinz hunter and i think they are absolute rubbish, cold and no way waterproof. In hindsight i should of bought large rather than medium as maybe them being close fitting may have something to do with their poor performance

Thanks viz,
I have sealskinz hunter and i think they are absolute rubbish, cold and no way waterproof. In hindsight i should of bought large rather than medium as maybe them being close fitting may have something to do with their poor performance

I have the same gloves, and did the same thing.
Initially I bought them in large but found them restrictive and cold, but after selling them and replacing with XL I have found them to be just the ticket, warm enough but retaining enough feel to confidently use the shotgun with them on.

I gave them a coating of Fabsil and they are retaining their 'waterproofness' into their third season.

I've had a few things from Hoggs. To be honest, I see them mostly as country clothes suppliers rather than serious wet weather outfitters. They do a good line in shoes and their shirts are excellent. (if that's any help). Their stuff is good quality, for it's intended use. I'd go to them for, say a pair of moleskin trousers rather than a pair of trousers to rival some Harkila goretex trousers and perhaps the same could be said of their gloves.

Last edited:
Back