24 26.37%
  • Yes, I stalk weekly.

30 32.97%
  • Yes, I stalk several times a week.

23 25.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you stalk deer?

Do you stalk deer?

This site is a good reference for people looking to learn about and "get into" stalking. This got me wondering, how active a bunch of stalkers are we?

Where do you get your knowledge from? By reading, speaking to an old hand, or putting your feet on the ground?

A friend mentioned the strange situation of proposed "grandfather’s rights" for stalking in Scotland, and I agree, how can someone who has stalked during the rut once a year for 15 years be entitled to exemption from demonstrating ability in comparison to someone who has achieved many more than 15 stalks over a shorter period of time ?

It varies dpeending on available day light work/ family commitments, but during the summer months I usually manage a couple of times most weeks but havnt been out since the begining of last month. But i suppose over the year it averages about a couple or 3 times a month,
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

When ever i can usually two or three times a week depends on what i've got on,went out five times last week though,sometimes its just for a couple of hours sometimes all day normally come home for lunch though,lifes hard sometimes.

On average it would be at least a couple of times a week, four outings last week, two the week before and eight the week before that

I do go home to get fed occasionaly

Used to stalk every week but with the business now its difficult to get away at all other than locally as my stalking for the most part is Scotland...not good times! Mind you, it makes you appreciate it more sometimes and its nice to get out to see whats gone on. Went up a couple of days the other week (Flew up) and managed to bag 5 between us but we over 20, happy days.

I get out every weekend, either locally on my own ground after Roe and Fallow, or with Gadget in various places around the country after Muntjac, Sika, Reds or CWD - although we've now added goats to the tally. If I'm away from work I try to get out more often, either stalking or out doing some kind of shooting with my 13 year old son - squirrel stalking with the .22LR is good practice for Roe stalking with the .270

once a month if i can

Weather and work permitting can range from everyday to three or four nights per week ,I never bought the rifles to leave them in the cupboard , I just couldn't do this every once in a while thing you'd be better on here talking a good stalk .

For the last six years, I've been stalking hinds accompanied in the West Highlands a couple of weeks a year.

I should probably be looking to diversify, and find something a little more local, shoudl I decide to have a go at DSC2. We'll see.

I'm out every weekend at least once and other times when work and other shooting permit. I get my stalking in return for pest control, rabbits, pigeons, foxes, etc, etc.