Wanted!!! Wollte!!!!!

Simjim33

I am looking for some one to become my German language Parent.
I can use Google translate to communicate in written. But I am sure there is lots lost in translation.
If there is anyone willing to help me. I would think we could use skype.

Please could you Pm me if you are willing to help.

Many thanks

Ich bin auf der Suche nach jemandem, um mein Deutsch Eltern geworden.
Ich kann Google übersetzen schriftlich kommunizieren. Aber ich bin sicher, es gibt viel in der Übersetzung verloren.
Wenn es jemand bereit, mir zu helfen. Ich würde denken, wir skype verwenden.

Bitte könnten Sie mir PM, wenn Sie bereit sind, zu helfen.

vielen Dank

Hello SimJim. It's not so much that things are lost but that things are mistranslated. It's a very approximate tool and no substitute for the real thing. It's not the Star Trek Universal Translator! It's certainly useful in that in enables communication of sorts, but I use it to check words and expressions, nothing else. A useful tip is to translate a word, then translate it back, and compare the outcomes. I go one further and translate to and from French also as an additional check. Words have difference nuances and uses in different languages even if they are technically the same.

How might I best translate the following into German and with such detail that I’m not redirected to a Lounge Bar in Soho?

Do you supply jean cut 6-pocket leather hunting trousers in olive?

Cheers

K

Hello SimJim. It's not so much that things are lost but that things are mistranslated. It's a very approximate tool and no substitute for the real thing. It's not the Star Trek Universal Translator! It's certainly useful in that in enables communication of sorts, but I use it to check words and expressions, nothing else. A useful tip is to translate a word, then translate it back, and compare the outcomes. I go one further and translate to and from French also as an additional check. Words have difference nuances and uses in different languages even if they are technically the same.

Exactly that. It is just a basic tool.
Most of my hunting in the future will be in Europe. I get a lot of enquiries from Germany. Some times the barrier is just to high. I would like to start with the basics again. Just learning the phonics can help a great deal.

should you need to ?

Haben Sie liefern Jean Cut 6 -Pocket- LederhoseJagd in Olivenöl , mit Gummihosenträger , :eek::rofl:

How might I best translate the following into German and with such detail that I’m not redirected to a Lounge Bar in Soho?

Do you supply jean cut 6-pocket leather hunting trousers in olive?

Cheers

K

should you need to ?

Haben Sie liefern Jean Cut 6 -Pocket- LederhoseJagd in Olivenöl , mit Gummihosenträger , :eek::rofl:
So that's ok. But how would you go into a shop and ask for that. Can you break that down into phonetics?

i haven't a clue!!! i would use Google Translate and pray they did't try to spit roast me, i'am english why on earth do i need to speak anything other than that ! its not my fault they are unable to understand me :doh: i can make my requests very clear just by shouting at them over sounding each word of the Queens English and waving my arms around like a windmill in at chat. :rofl: :british:
also white socks with sandals on helps :stir:

So that's ok. But how would you go into a shop and ask for that. Can you break that down into phonetics?

Within the vast SD Membership. Is there any one that can help me out?
I was thinking maybe 2, 1/2 hour seasons on Skype a week.

Back