Carp fishing lastnight.

geth

I went carp fishing lastnight on my local syndicate lake. I thought I was crazy fishing overnight through the howling wind. All came together when I was rewarded with a 36lb 10oz mirror at 0600hrs thismorning. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits :)

Well done, I went yesterday, just office hours for me, managed a low 20 before conditions made it
nearly impossible to fish. Should have gone home at 9.45am after the first fish. Lol
Probably means an end to my recent run of success, which is a shame as Ive got quite used to a pair of 20's and thirty each trip.

Neil. :)

I'm just doing overnighters in between work. Setting up and packing up in the dark! My lake has a few doubles in aswell but usually if you get a take it will be a twenty. Can't wait to get back down there now.

wow. never heard of that
that's a good thing I guess

some very dodgy goings on amongst the carp fisheries I used to survey 15-20 years ago
thefts, poisoning, netting .....you wouldn't believe it

wow. never heard of that
that's a good thing I guess

some very dodgy goings on amongst the carp fisheries I used to survey 15-20 years ago
thefts, poisoning, netting .....you wouldn't believe it

I would believe all of it and more unfortunately, sad state of affairs :(
As time passes the no pics thing becomes even more important with all the info
that is attached to each pic, gps etc.

Yes, I have been several times and run the occasional trip there for others. There was just the two of us this trip and we had over 30 sturgeon inc several good ones to 7ft 8inch long, along with 50+ Coho and chum salmon to over 20lb. Was a bit late for the chinooks (king salmon) but an awesome trip all in all.

who has your mate got to guide him ?

Not heard of them, are they Mission or Chilliwack based ?
i hope they are ok or your mates have used them before as there are some on the river that want to make good money by using their private boats and shiny websites to lure clients, when they don't have much of a clue about the finer points of sturgeon fishing, because while "chuck a bait in and wait till the rods folds over" will undoubtedly catch a few fish,there is far more to it than that, so they won't be consistent and if the going get hard, will be clueless.
that said however the place is awesome and I hope they have a blinding trip !

Went to my syndicate lake for a couple of hours, thought they would be on the top with the weather being so mild, big girls were milling about but wouldn't feed!

Caught one after much head scratching but only 19lb

IMG_1140_zpsb2cd7b81.jpg

IMG_1145_zpse2740d87.jpg

..off the top in October!

October it may be, October weather it isn't.
I'm still catching in shallow water on summer hots spots, weed is still fresh and green and full of snails etc.
Most years by now i'm fishing the deeper water and weed is nearly gone, really not sure if we ever get a another proper winter.
In the short term its great, and does the carp catching no harm, but I worry about the long term affects.

Back