Hpr trainer in scotland

highland stalker

Hi all, I have just treated myself to a new GWP bitch and so far I am delighted with her. I got her last week at 13 weeks old and she was the most timid of the pups. My border terrier, cocker and 2 year old daughter are doing their best to take her out of her shell though whether she likes it or not! I have trained my previous dogs myself to an acceptable standard for the amount of shooting I do but would like to try and get the best out of the pointer. Can any of you guys on here recommend / suggest anyone that I should look to that could possibly help with her traing / development. I know that she is still very young but I am just trying to get all the info I need. If I was to get her trained by someone else what sort of age would they be looking to take her on at and what are the rough costs involved etc etc. Any information at all that you guys can pass on will be much appreciated. Thanks.

No doubt Tommy is probably 1 of the best in UK and worth travelling to see but is based in central belt. Dunno if thats any good to u.

Quite a few good trainers up north, Mick Cannon and Ann Johnstone are 2 that spring to mind instantly, there are a few others too, not sure if they do tution thou.
Think a couple of quite active HPR clubs up there too althou most will be quite now until end of shooting season or the spring counting season

Sorry don't have there details but could probably get them if ur really struggling.

Dinae think mick or ann will be that hard to find if u google them, mick won the hpr championship last year with orca? a GSP, both are A panel judges too so proabbaly on the KC website.
If u either google hpr clubs up ur way they should come up, think 1 might be a highland branch of GSP club, check the KC site for clubs.should have all the contact details. They host a few FT's most years so will be KC registered
There is a few other good trainer up there too

No doubt Tommy is probably 1 of the best in UK and worth travelling to see but is based in central belt. Dunno if thats any good to u.

Quite a few good trainers up north, Mick Cannon and Ann Johnstone are 2 that spring to mind instantly, there are a few others too, not sure if they do tution thou.
Think a couple of quite active HPR clubs up there too althou most will be quite now until end of shooting season or the spring counting season

Mick Canham - Stubblemere Gundogs

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/ft...f-stubblemere-wins-hpr-championship-2013-9348

Back