Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice stalking in Yorkshire

Novice stalking in Yorkshire

Hi all

In order to satisfy the FEO and allow me to acquire my rifle, would it be possible for anyone in the East Yorkshire area to invite me to accompany them stalking, as an absolute novice (at stalking) 55yr old? I have NSRA RCO certification, plus Club instructor in assorted disciplines, so I'm not a novice with firearms, but this would be to allow me to gain my 6.5 x 55.

I know it's a tall order, but throw myself on the generosity of the members of this esteemed forum

Many thanks in anticipation

Isn't this a rather @rse about face way of doing it? If you don't have the land or aren't paying for stalking, what's the justification for the firearm? The norm would be to book some stalking with someone offering it for sale..... And go from there....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

YDS is in driffeild, and will show you the ropes.

+ 1
    Last edited by Grimrecruiter; 26-10-2014 at 20:23.
    Mauser M03 Extreme .308 / Ruger 22 250

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    John at YDS is your doorstep at Driff and and great bloke to take you out for your first few times.

Just to explain further:-

I already have c/f (.222) on open ticket, and am strongly left handed, with all my firearms being of the sinistral nature (3 @.22, 1 @ .22 semi, 1 @ .17HMR and 1 @ .222) Now want a L/H Tikka in 6.5 x 55 in order to go stalking, but before it can be authorised, Humberside need to see evidence of invites etc for stalking, hence the request!!

I'm not trying to gain an unfair advantage, nor subvert the firearms legislation, just to extend my capabilities

I need to acclimatise myself to the more powerful calibre before I try and shoot anything living - have significant experience with rabbits etc, but not larger species. I've shot larger calibre (.303 and 7.63 x 54), but want to get used to MY l/h rifle, hence the conundrum

Thanks again

Last edited by Adiepie; 26-10-2014 at 21:32. Reason: more detail and typos!

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post

Wouldnt look any further than John at YDS,

Give me a ring if you want to organise a paid outing. I'm based in Driffield and run a deer management and game shoot in the area. Currently looking over about 30 farms or 15,000 acres. Its my living though so no invite just paid stalking.
    regards john
    01377 255868 (evenings)

+2 John at YDS

Thanks John, will phone tomorrow.