Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transit Connect ?

Transit Connect ?

I'm toying with buying a Ford Transit Connect.

Can anyone comment on their reliability, fuel economy etc etc

Mostly for carting the dogs around, going shooting and a general run about.

Had the 2005 model for work and was very poor on fuel. Can't remeber exact figures but stopped using it very quickly.

Would recommend the astra van can I know slightly smaller but one I had was great never a problem and great on fuel if it wasn't for ground clearance on the forrest roads that were heavily used by wood lorries I wouldn't have sold mines.

I drove a 2003 connect for around five years it was very reliable and I found it very easy on fuel, it was a tdci 90 ps for a general runaround for what you mention it will be ideal.

I'll be interested to see people's opinions on this as I'm thinkng the exact same as you cadex ! I'm sick of not having enough boot space in a car but don't really need a 4x4 so I'm thinking connect as well ...
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I Had a 2006 connect low miles 20 000 payed 1600 ex British gas van USED it for about 4 years IT never missed a single beat sailed through four MOTs part exchanged 55000 miles 2 years a go for a vw caddy and got 2000 BACK which payed the VAT on the one year old caddy
    so for '' me'' a really good van 1600 engine about 40 MILES to the gallon

I think the downside to vans is they need to "earn a living" so they often get thrashed.
    Best to budget for a new turbo I'm afraid.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

We used them at work (BT) but they soon got rid due to reliability issues.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

What about a Peugot Partner? Mate has one and swears by it. 5 doors as well.

father in law had 1 ,i had the joy of repairing it several any ford theres good good uns n friday afternoons bodge.if u get a star youl love it .if u get a 10 previous owners get your wallet out

Have sent you a PM.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.