Transit Connect ?

The feeling I'm getting is it's a bit of a marmite van. . You either love it or hate it.
Some fantastic reviews, some garbage. . . I'm no further forward :doh:

The feeling I'm getting is it's a bit of a marmite van. . You either love it or hate it.
Some fantastic reviews, some garbage. . . I'm no further forward :doh:

Nor will you be. There's good vans and bad vans, and there's good drivers and bad drivers. :cry: It's all pot luck when you buy used. Shop around for the best price and then you have funds left to fix it :thumb:

We've had two at work picked up a 59 plate up with very high mileage and it's been fine but I prefer a vw caddy which would be my van of choice
norma

Renault Kangoo trekka 4X4 for all round ability and economy. TC's are front heavy and thirsty.

Last edited:
Citroen Berlingo trekka 4X4 for all round ability and economy. TC's are front heavy and thirsty.

Do you mean the Citroen Berlingo or the Renault Trekka 4x4 or both Red Dot?

I have two Berlingos, the modern model and the older model and love them both. They suit my lifestyle and needs, and are both very economical to run. I have owned both from new they have both been very reliable. My friend changed from a Renault Kangoo to a Berlingo after having two of them and is now on his third Berlingo as he says it is a nicer van and more comfortable.
The boss of a company that I worked for bought four Transit connect vans because the price was right, he then bought a new Berlingo and he much prefers it. He plays hell with the lads if they don't keep his Berlingo clean and tidy but for some reason doesn't seem to mind so much if the Connect vans are not kept clean. :cuckoo:

I know where there is a berlingo 57 plate FC green with slip diffs and sump plates for sale soon and it's got the dog guard and winter tyres

Last edited:
hi cadex when you go to buy a van take a fitter with you if possible although no gaurantee we get every kind of van in my sons garage we get toyotas that everybody raves about some are nothing but trouble never mind what anybody tells you no make is better than the other if its mechanical at some point it will break more miles /more maintenance i have a peugeot bippa van bought new 4 years ago it wants for nothing of course it pulls my quad bike on my stalking days its been trouble free it averages 57mpg although small its comfy runs up to inverness at 70 no prob you pay your money you take your chance good luck mate atb tommy

nearly forgot to add if you are buying from a dealer try hamilton brothers they are close too you atb

Bought an 06 connect today with just under 40,000 miles on the clock cadex I'll let you know how it works out but first impressions are good :)
atb jim

I have a 2005 have ran it for five years done 155000 miles and other than tyres and a clutch at 100000 it's faultless would set off to anywhere in it without worry cost nowt to buy looks like a bomb gas hit it inside it has dog box in work tools and 12 bags of wheat at the min it will die in my hands. Best van I've ever owned only down side is dog gas chewed the radio and the lights are crap needs upgraded bulbs

Thanks to everyone who has given comment.
After much looking I've treated myself to a Berlingo.
I have removed the rear seats and I'm quite convinced I could squeeze in an entire herd of red deer.

It's the slowest thing I have ever driven with only 75 bhp, but appears so far to be super frugal which suits me fine . . .it's non turbo and a basic diesel engine so I will be able to fix any future faults myself hopefully.

Back