Berghaus Yeti Gaiters Sizing

Tackleberry270

I've been using a size Large for years and just looked on the bergaus website to see they recommend XL for size 9-10. Do any of you have size 9 boots and use the XL size gaiter? Do they fit ok or slip off the toe easily?

I'm a nine and have only ever used 'large'. Even they occasionally slip off the toe. A few friends in the marines I know, superglue them to their boots to stop this happening. I don't fancy doing this to my Meindles!

Yep. And even with the narrow rubber strip on the underneath they can still slip off the toe. I was wondering if a slightly less tight fit might cause less gradual slippage with all the movement when walking.

They are designed to be used with berghaus storm boots only. I have had them in all sizes on Numerous boots and no luck needing to track down the proper boots.

Dunno about size but i got a pal of mine who is a famous rock climber to fight a pair of cammo "Yetis" onto to my Meindl Nepals. The boots are size 46. I superglued them on and they have never moved. Thats probably 18 months ago and I'm out pretty much every week on a variety of terrain. Our area for stalking is actually just a swamp and I've never had wet feet. Superglue seems to be the way forward.

Dunno about size but i got a pal of mine who is a famous rock climber to fight a pair of cammo "Yetis" onto to my Meindl Nepals. The boots are size 46. I superglued them on and they have never moved. Thats probably 18 months ago and I'm out pretty much every week on a variety of terrain. Our area for stalking is actually just a swamp and I've never had wet feet. Superglue seems to be the way forward.
This is the only way to stop them moving but I use storm seal instead of super glue

I've had a pair of top of the range insulated yetis. They were paired to an expensive pair of Berghaus boots.
In fact the boots were the recommended pair to match the gaiters.
In a nutshell collectively they were utter garbage.

My rant can be viewed by clicking the link.

Berghaus Kibo Boots

dont superglue

I have used Yetis for 20 years and I have always left them on the boots
constant removing on and off is a ballache and will damage the rand at some point
For a totally sealed experience use silicon sealant to seal the rand to the boot Welt and sole
I can pretty much wade in mine without any overflow
Also holds the toe cap in place in all conditions

The silicon is also non invasive and can be peeled off both leather and yeti

Back