Scotland and the SD week

I arrived back this weekend from just over a month in Scotland, with the last week of my stay being the SD stalking week. It was another eventful season on the stags and early hind cull, with very warm weather in the early part of October for the far north of Scotland. Temperatures reached 69F at times, and no rain had fallen for over a week.
The Carron river was a stream, with low returns for Salmon this season of only 130 odd fish, compared to the usual 250+. Stalking was difficult due to the high bracken growth, the warm weather and midges!!

Non the less over the 4 weeks we culled 21 Stags and 17 hinds. I had also arranged access to a friends 5000+ lease and we managed 2 days with success both times. We also lost 2 days due to heavy rain in the second week, so overall not a bad result.

The lads on the SD week all took deer, with Daft Dog culling 4 beasts, and one member taking a nice Red Stag. Todd was called into action on a couple of occasions. Below is a picture of him ragging a Red hind after tracking it through some thick planted forestry.

Todd with hind.jpg

Thank you once again to everyone that helped out, and look forward to next year. Off to Prague on Mouflon next and then back to a full diary and a very busy winter.

Best of luck to everyone and hope the winter stalking proves successful for you all.

Sikamalc

Nice one Malc!

Hope you've rested up and good luck with the mouflon :thumb:

Alex

Another cracking trip for everyone involved on all weeks, yet again some great lads on the Sd week and some memories made for everyone.

Malcolm, here is a nice shot of you and Todd.
Malcolm_and_The_Tree.jpg

Nice photo, I think I recognise that tree, is that up the top of the old forest?

Malcolm, here is a nice shot of you and Todd.
Malcolm_and_The_Tree.jpg

This was taken just after we bumped a Sika stag and a hind I believe?

Alex this is in the old forest at the opposite end to the bonsai tree, looking easterly. Shot a few deer over the past 9 years in this small valley.

This was taken just after we bumped a Sika stag and a hind I believe?

Alex this is in the old forest at the opposite end to the bonsai tree, looking easterly. Shot a few deer over the past 9 years in this small valley.

Malcolm, if you remember my luck, EVERY picture I took was after we bumped a sika!:doh:

There are no shortage of beasts on your lease, that is for certain.

Back