Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some lovely Irish Goats (and some odd English stalkers)

Some lovely Irish Goats (and some odd English stalkers)

Now that I've finally worked out how to attach pictures, here are the Billy goats that Gadget and I caught up with on a Tipperary mountainside a couple of weeks ago...(his is bigger but mine's prettier!). The full story's in the Articles section if anyone is interested. Just be thankful the pictures aren't scratch and sniff!

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Bloody foul things...approach from down wind and you're practically gagging.

Used to shoot a few on bahalf of a farmer who got no end of grief from them. Deal was i shot them and he dragged them on his quad to the pit.

Can be hard and testing to stalk..but what do you do with the carcass afterwards? I doubt even the dogs would eat some.

I didn't think the smell was all that bad - certainly better than domestic billy goats. Mind you, I've got teenage sons, so perhaps I'm already aclimatised to the stink.

As for eating them, Australia is now the world's largest exporter of wild goat meat, culled from their unending feral goat population, all of which goes to various West Indian / Afro-Carribean populations around the world. I wouldn't even have attempted to eat the old fellow I shot (I found a discreet place to leave the skinned carcass for the foxes and ravens) but I've eaten goat meat from younger animals and it just tastes like mutton.

They're good fun to stalk though!

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    I doubt even the dogs would eat some.
    Bet mine would
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Good looking goats

Some game dealers will take them , we used to live capture as well and they would all go to the halal slaughter house in Glasgow.

I've eaten young ones, we would marinade then bbq, after a few beers it tasted ok.

As for adults, no way, I can't even go in a room with goats cheese in it now, stinking brutes .

Superb......and that is some very lovely countryside.

Surely they can't taste that bad.......a long, slow and low cook would sort them out....Wouldn't it ???

Cheers + ATVB

Isn't it traditional to curry them?

I can see why if they niff that bad!

i think levi roots would find something to cook them in

nice looking animals