Bloody Halloween

SimpleSimon

Sounds like world war 3 outside, fireworks, kids screaming, folk running up and down. I've put a sign in the window saying no trick or treaters.
At least the pup is getting plenty of exposure to loud bangs and isn't bothered at all. I just don't see how turning your kids out in the dark to irritate the neighbors is considered acceptable once a year.
:old:

I have seen it with the older kids going scanking people for money and then getting older ones to spend the money on beer in the local shop. In my opinion you should only hand out sweets for the younger kids. You cannot take it out on the genuine cases where the parent has taken a lot of time and effort in transforming the child into a little monster. I also must agree some do not take much effort.

Sounds like world war 3 outside, fireworks, kids screaming, folk running up and down. I've put a sign in the window saying no trick or treaters.
At least the pup is getting plenty of exposure to loud bangs and isn't bothered at all. I just don't see how turning your kids out in the dark to irritate the neighbors is considered acceptable once a year.
:old:
Sign in the window saying no trick or treaters... I'm tempted to travel down and chuck eggs at your house myself... Ba humbug is right

We no longer take part because when we did, we gave sweets to the youngsters then word got round and we had gangs of them every few minutes.
Also this thing about throwing eggs about which seems to be associated with halloween, what's that all about ?
one guy had some thrown at his car windscreen - fine until it went down the air vents !!
When I was small, about sixty five years ago, I was always told to be wary of any adults offering sweets to small kids and with what we read about in the papers today I still think that advice holds :evil:

It's at this time of year I'm especially grateful that I live in a flat, in a block, with a locked entrance way door. :D
The houses in the road are getting pestered something awful at the moment :lol:

Neil. :)

That chocolate sprout thing is genius! I made this for Young PM, for his first Halloween that he can participate in. Predictably, he tried to eat it.

Grumpy old buggers!!:D

The 'code' around here is that if you have a pumpkin lantern on display or window decked out then it's fair game to call on that house. No pumkin etc and you get left alone. It works perfectly well with kids just heading for the houses wheree they know they're in for some sweets.

Sign in the window saying no trick or treaters... I'm tempted to travel down and chuck eggs at your house myself... Ba humbug is right

Probably pelts Christmas Carolers with rotten eggs and ice water. Bah, Humbug! Indeed.
I have had a steady stream of Trick or Treater's since sunset. All polite and well behaved. ~Muir

View attachment 48637
Grumpy old buggers!!:D

The 'code' around here is that if you have a pumpkin lantern on display or window decked out then it's fair game to call on that house. No pumkin etc and you get left alone. It works perfectly well with kids just heading for the houses wheree they know they're in for some sweets.

Same here, it's quite a big thing on the estate where I live, most seem to make an effort & participate, my 4 year old loves it. Some fantastic costumes again this year and it does only seem to be the younger kids no problem with mischievous teenagers.
As Muir said all polite as well with a "thank you" & "happy Halloween"

Enjoyable evening

Last edited:
Back