Mauser m03

neillfrbs

have a few grand burning a hole in my pocket was thinking of trading in my tikka t3 hunter 243,for the Mauser m03 ,seen one in my local gun shop and really like it .but is it worth the extra .or should i just stick with the t3,which is a very accurate rifle in its own right.

That's my plan I've sold a .223 and im selling a .308 and im going to buy a MO3 extreme in 6.5 x 55 I've baught the scope mounts already and a S/H travel case

and use one gun for all a freind off here who I stalk with uses one and it's lovely to use

I just fancy owning one :)

That's my plan I've sold a .223 and im selling a .308 and im going to buy a MO3 extreme in 6.5 x 55 I've baught the scope mounts already and a S/H travel case

and use one gun for all a freind off here who I stalk with uses one and it's lovely to use

I just fancy owning one :)

Hello Mark,
Is the 6.5x 55 better than the .308 for an all rounder?
Thanks Phil

I have had a T3, great out of the box rifle for the money now got a M03 and cant fault it, it suits me v well. Other rifles I have had I have allways been messing with trying to make them better. I am content just to use the M03 with a bit of load development to keep me interested

you wont go wrong with the m03 i bit the bullet and spent some cash 3 years ago & dont regret it on bit they oze quality
had sako and t3 and howa imo m03 is supperior in every way

If it were me, I would put my money into a Blaser. :D
The Blasers scope mount is on the Barrel so it actually returns to zero when changing barrels.

The Blasers scope mount is on the Barrel so it actually returns to zero when changing barrels.

And the MO3 isn't on the barrel,but yet still holds zero :)

Stan

MO3 in 6.5 x 55 and 9.3 x 62
Blaser K95 in .243

I have an M03 in 308 and 9.3 x 62 and its a fabulous rifle .... genuinely holds zero after removal of the scopes - not sure if you are inferring that only a Blaser can do that?

Anyway, its extremely accurate for me with RWS factory ammunition in both calibres and I would not change it, that's for sure!

HunterMoore

My M03 is in .270. Had it out with me most weeks for the past 5 months. Taken it down completely a few times for a thorough clean after being out in the inclement weather. Not had a problem with it holding zero so far. You will be carrying a little more weight than your T3 but don't let this put you off as it is a very well balanced rifle and absorbs recoil better than a feather weight rifle would. I wouldn't be trading it.

Buy a custom or semi custom rifle and get what you want, rather than what Mauser are offering in a factory rifle. Will be accurate and consistent.

Buy a custom or semi custom rifle and get what you want, rather than what Mauser are offering in a factory rifle. Will be accurate and consistent.

I agree that for the majority of rifle users you are undoubtedly correct and I wouldn't argue with you.

Personally I wanted to own a Mauser, I wanted a breakdown rifle for travelling, a cocker rather than a safety catch, and the choice of calibre changes.

So for the OP I guess its down to what he wants the Mauser for!

Tony

I agree that for the majority of rifle users you are undoubtedly correct and I wouldn't argue with you.

Personally I wanted to own a Mauser, I wanted a breakdown rifle for travelling, a cocker rather than a safety catch, and the choice of calibre changes.

Tony

Yes thats a fair point actually, the take down aspect is a nice to have. I've been working on a switch barrel idea myself...one day I'll get there.

Tony

+1 The versatility and takedown capability is great. The cocking/safety mechanism was also a selling point for me.

thanks guys for your views ,i think i will go for the Mauser ,its a bit of a ****er really because only last week purchased a xbolt in 223 . could have just brought another barrel for the Mauser. oh well will sort that problem out easy enough .more trips to the gun shop .lol

I think my extreme comes in at about 9lbs. Thats with Atec moderator, variable S+B scope and a mag full. This is not heavy by any stretch although there are lighter rifles out there. Bear in mind an ultra light rifle can be a false economy. Not only will you feel more recoil but it also becomes harder to hold on POA especially in field positions. (not knocking what you say though mchughcb as its a valid point)

M03 is a superb rifle. I 've had one in 6.5 x 55 since the model was introduced onto the market. Best purchase I've ever made. A beautiful rifle, superbly accurate, comfortable to shoot and carry, incredibly well balanced and versatile (if you ever decide to switch barrels). On that point I can testify that point of impact is completely unaffected by removing the scope/barrel. You won't ever regret buying one. In fact most other rifles pale by comparison. I have a number of other well-known marques in the cabinet and none of them come close.

Back