Thread: Intro

Hi all, this is my first Forum, so be gentle....My name is Craig (in case the Username didn't give it away). I've been out stalking a good few times over the last 2-3 years, but am fairly new to the scene?

Application for FAC should be with me shortly. Although I'm working in Kazakhstan at the moment, will have to wait until I get home B4 I can seriously look into getting my first rifle. Was thinking about .22-250 but then saw the Tikka T3 Tactical (think it only comes in .308)?......Sorry babbling a bit now.......

Rough shooting for about 20 yrs, train my own dogs (not very well, but they do me nicely). Grew up on the Isle of Skye and now live in Aberdeenshire...

Would appreciate some expert advice on my first rifle, scope etc etc etc...?

Welcome Craig
    Wait till you get home, I'm sure yer uncle Bob will sort out the rifle for you......

welcome craig,

go to the rifles section and ask what type of rifle to get in there, but be prepared for a barrage of info. Personally, I would forget the tactical.

Welcome to the site Craig,

Just do what Jingzy suggests, decide what will be your quarry then ask on the rifle section. You can then grow old trying to decide from all the advice you will get!

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome Craig, my eldest daughter lives and works in Almaty, must be some shooting to be had out there surely
    Last edited by Brough; 04-03-2010 at 18:17. Reason: spelling