Thread: an introduction from northumberland.

an introduction from northumberland.

hi all, i should have introduced myself before i posted as i well know now.

well i'm harry a gamekeeper from northumberland, i work on a busy commercial estate providing grouse, pheasant, partridge and duck shooting. we shoot on avarage 150 - 160 days a season, with most of our days being double days, i.e two teams out per - day.

my passions in life are long range vermin shooting, deer stalking and all aspects of fishing.

the estate i work on is around 16000 acres which provides us with some fantastic Roe stalking.

i've been stalking for around 12 years now but i completed my DSC1 at green lee with jon snowden last year. I'm hoping to do my level 2 next year when time permits.

i also enjoy shooting game of all dicriptions, i'm hoping to go to germany this oct to shoot wild boar.

my fiance and i breed black and white springer spanials we have a total of 14 dogs at the moment they include

pointer x lab
    patterdale terrier
    lakeland x patterdale

i really enjoy working my dogs i'm hoping to bring the pointer x lab on this year he's showing signs of being a good stalking dog.

i own many shotguns these range from multishots, over and unders, single barrel, side by side, and even a hammer gum.

rifles i own, .22lr .17hmr .22-250 .243 .25-06 .30-06

i'm planning to build some highseats this year so any plans or tips would be more than welcome.
    Last edited by angryasthesky; 04-03-2010 at 15:19.

hi welcome to site a lot of good people here im from tyneside
    atb tom reveley

Welcome to the site

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi there

Nice to see another member from Northumberland. I live in Durham.

Which part of Northumberland are you from ???

Welcome to the site. I live in Newcastle but have some land up near Otterburn.

Whereabouts in Northumberland are you from?

hi harry,

I also did my DSC1 with Jon Snowdon. Did you guys get the chance to win the hand engraved whiskey tumbler for the best zero? Also going to register for the DSC2 and get myself out with Jon.

Have shot the High Birds in May charity clay shoot for the past 3 yrs on the Blackett-Ord estate, organised by Stuart Maughan - that must be your neck of the woods.