New North East Rifle Club

accurate

I am in the process of setting up a new rifle club in the North East of England which will start in the New Year and meet at Ponteland MOD ranges. The Home Office license is in place with all other permissions in the pipe (2015 calendar pending from Landmark).

I would like to hear from anyone who might be interested and will reply to ALL enquiries.

Thanks
Iain

I've know Iain for a good few years. He help me sort out my reloading problem & I've also seen him shoot his first roe deer. I've been on to him for a few year to set up his own club as he is a very experienced shooter & will help with the training to get you on track.
I'll be in mate

Kevin

Are there not a few clubs operating out of there already?

i have shot with st George's a few times
good bunch of chaps

i know they are mostly target shooters with a few stalkers, foxers etc
good fun but can be frustrating shooting at 600yds as it is not really relevant to stalkers

i would be interested in a range that shoots at 200/300yds regularly as I think this is of significant value to a stalker or load developer

hi Iain kev told me about this yesterday and as I,ve just took ownership of my new .243 id be in mate

Are there not a few clubs operating out of there already?

i have shot with st George's a few times
good bunch of chaps

i know they are mostly target shooters with a few stalkers, foxers etc
good fun but can be frustrating shooting at 600yds as it is not really relevant to stalkers

i would be interested in a range that shoots at 200/300yds regularly as I think this is of significant value to a stalker or load developer

Kernel / Bewsher /Mckenzie/ lads.

Bit of background for you fellas.
Until recently I was committee member and secretary of a local club as well as RCO and instructor. In addition I am an RFD, instruct reloading and stalk so have a good grasp across a range of disciplines. Bewsher, you are right that there a few clubs running out of Ponteland with a fair bit of cross membership but some are actually full. In addition, the cost of MOD ranges mean shoots are monthly so guesting is common and additional access is required.

It is difficult to please everyone to be honest but I fully intend trying by making sure shoots are varied to run from 100 to 600 yards whenever possible as a lot of members at some stage will want load development, distance shooting and stalking distances to work from.

Once established I am also keen to encourage new members to the sport.

I have had a fair bit of interest since posting this and would appreciate it if those individuals would PM me and I can give them a more direct email address and exchange contact details.

Regards
Iain

I am in the process of setting up a new rifle club in the North East of England which will start in the New Year and meet at Ponteland MOD ranges. The Home Office license is in place with all other permissions in the pipe (2015 calendar pending from Landmark).

I would like to hear from anyone who might be interested and will reply to ALL enquiries.

Thanks
Iain

application forms for provisional interest now available. all pm responded to
Iain

Back