How not to reload.....

Couldn't happen here. No Varget!

Seriously though, I brave man to post his mistake so publicly. I suspect he is still on a high from having cheated the mortuary.

K

Last edited:
Nasty that. He'll have to wait a while till he picks his nose with that finger. I have always thought the Vhit containers look too similar so I stick a big yellow label on mine. One for .308 and .22/250 on the N140 and 135. Another on the N160 saying 6.5x55 in big letters. Just so there's no chance of picking the wrong one up.
Be safe.

Nasty that. He'll have to wait a while till he picks his nose with that finger. I have always thought the Vhit containers look too similar so I stick a big yellow label on mine. One for .308 and .22/250 on the N140 and 135. Another on the N160 saying 6.5x55 in big letters. Just so there's no chance of picking the wrong one up.
Be safe.

Same here but I write the powder name on the blue top with a sharpie

Says on the tight group a "little goes a long way" No ****!

I use about 4.7 grains in my .44 Mag. Say 47 grains of my normal powder in a .308.

Damn that was a big bang!

Think he's got off lightly, if I'd been that lucky I'd be doing the lottery this weekend

Al

What an incredible response to this unfortunate incident. I hope that you all will laugh along with the rest when this happens to you.
It would be wise to soberly take on board how these errors happen, but then the reloading gods here are all perfect.

Looks to me like a dedicated colour or pack shape would be in order for different powders.
It really shouldn't be as easy as it seems to have been to pick up the wrong one.

What an incredible response to this unfortunate incident. I hope that you all will laugh along with the rest when this happens to you.
It would be wise to soberly take on board how these errors happen, but then the reloading gods here are all perfect.

On the contrary, most posts on this thread show a prudent appreciation of dangers of this kind, suggest ways to mitigate them, and do so with good humour.

A pattern to approve of rather than condemn IMO.

I am glad that you feel no shame in laughing at someone else's misfortune, the fact you approve of it speaks volumes.
I do not see 'prudent appreciation' at all, I see plenty of arrogance though - it is only a matter of time for a similar accident here - not if - WHEN.

When you have an accident I hope you will not mind everyone else taking the p155 then?

The whole point being PAY ATTENTION WHILE RELOADING.

I am glad that you feel no shame in laughing at someone else's misfortune,

"Misfortune" implies bad luck or an occurrence that happened without blame or action on the part of the individual

This is an act of mismanagement

To not display any humour would be unusual given the severity of his injuries. You have clearly never worked on a farm if you can't see humour in another's stupidity leading to minor injury!

He had an accident that was entirely his fault, he was wounded but not severely and has quite rightly broadcast his stupidity as a warning to others.

That said I don't load pistol powders but even the physical difference between N133 for my .222 and N160 for the .270 is noticeable enough that I can spot it now from blind samples

Never have more than one powder or bullet or primer out when doing one job

Speaking as someone who routinely puts salt in his tea and sugar on his chips, this is why I must never be allowed near a reloading bench...

That's just made me think there's an additional good reason for me to use the same powder for all my reloading, beyond economy and simplicity.

This link might influence the next rifle you buy, it appears they are not all equal when it comes to withstanding high pressure!! The barrels have been welded shut at the muzzle for the purpose of testing.

Last edited:
Very lucky escape i only use the one type of powder in all my rifles its one less thing to go wrong.

Back