16 Things it took me over 50 years to learn: by Dave Barry, Nationally
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a
laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human
race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word
would be "meetings."
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost
never want you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
(This one is very important)
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and
compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely
suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby
emerging from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people
to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age,
ge nder, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
13. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice
person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It NEVER fails.)
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. .Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
16. Thought for the day: Men are like fine wine . They start out as
grapes; and it's up to the women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with