Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would replace a sauer 202...?

What would replace a sauer 202...?

Still thinking of selling my 202 elegance but can't find a suitable itch that needs scratching.....
    I'm not a mega blaser fan at least not of the r8/r93 style anyway, I do like the k95 but that's going to be out of reach financially tempted with a double if I can find one at the right money, but currently I can't find any mega must haves as an alternative. Budget around 2.5k, new or second hand....
    Some guidance please gents (and ladies of course)....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

That's a hard one, a Sauer 202 is a quality rifle. I replaced a very nice Sauer 202 with a Blaser R93 about five years ago, I do not regret getting the Blaser, but I have regretted giving up the Sauer any time I have seen another nice Sauer.

If you are excluding Blaser, it is hard to know what to suggest.

A guy on here (Tikka 260?) a few weeks ago had a custom built on a Rem clone action with a traditional walnut stock, combined the best elements of modern and traditional stalking rifles. I doubt £2500 covered the bill somehow, but that is about all I can think off just now.

Ultimately there is very little that a £2500 rifle can do that can't be achieved with a second hand Sako at £800.....

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    If you can't stretch to a K95 have a look at this offering:

Attachment 48854

OOOOOH!!!! I like that :-)

balls, auction is happening now! bugger.. the gun is sold.

Easy keep the 202 and get something else it really is that simple lol

no money for that option!

If you like the 202 just keep it as you will only regret it later on. Done it many a time with top of the range Salmon rods and now with a couple of Sako rifles, if it works for you why change it?

As for me, I just can't help myself!!!

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Just keep your Sauer 202 as you will only regret it later one. Believe me, my hunting buddy sold one of his 202 some years ago and went for a custom rifle.....he is still crying six years later....and has sold his custom rifle

Let me join the chorus telling you to not sell the Sauer 202. Ten or twenty years from now, you will be so glad to pick it up, just like putting on an old hunting coat that feels better every time you put it on.

There is no law of Nature which says you much give up one source of enjoyment to experience another. Buy an inexpensive, totally different rifle, like a lever action Winchester or Marlin, or Savage 99, and use the money saved to go on some new hunt for new game.

If I posted some photos of rifles I sold and later regretted, you would cry. I would cry.