Fireworks

norma 308

I live in a rural location and it still sounds like a world war out there ,popped in to my lads that lives on an estate and it sounded like an apocalypse in the garden .the gun dogs don't seem bothered from what I can see from the house but the gsd is pacing the boot room panting .i really can't see the attraction I never really bothered as a kid as my folks couldn't afford them .
it will go on for days that's what annoys me really if it were for one night only !!
yours grumpy :( Norma

I agree with norma, they just seem to be going off every 5minutes this last week, should only be a couple of nights, not bloody every night

I agree with norma, they just seem to be going off every 5minutes this last week, should only be a couple of nights, not bloody every night
100% I live in a pretty rural location but it's been going on here for a week I wouldn't mind of it was for a night or two but this is ridiculous

Do I smell striped minty sweets? - Let folks blow off a bit of steam the way they like. As long as they don't act daft & play safe.
We can go out making very big bangs chucking lead around the countryside all year long to get our kicks so spread the lurve about a bit & don't be so selfish.
Proper displays - impressive but not the same fun as doing it yourself - trouble with them is they are overly 'elf & safety driven.

Ian

wow - of all people i didnt expect this kind of view on hear!
The "i dont like it so no one should be abllowed to do/own it"!

Or the

Not any one should be allowed to get them.....for professionals only

Or the

The loud bangs disturbed/frightened me.

Sounds like some regular anti shooting arguments that get thrown up all the time!

wow - of all people i didnt expect this kind of view on hear!
The "i dont like it so no one should be abllowed to do/own it"!

Or the

Not any one should be allowed to get them.....for professionals only

Or the

The loud bangs disturbed/frightened me.

Sounds like some regular anti shooting arguments that get thrown up all the time!
Do you fire a thousand rounds every time you stalk and do so for a week at a time in your back garden ? ..... Not really the same then is it ...

Proper displays - impressive but not the same fun as doing it yourself

+1
If you've got young kids then a tenner spent on a box of basic fireworks and a few sparklers is better value than any display. A family effort to build a bonfire in the field, "eeny meeny miny mo" to decide who strikes the match, cups of hot soup and crusty rolls straight out of the rayburn. All good clean fun. It's what being a family is all about. What's not to like?

Not saying they shouldn't stop them all together but, keep them to a few nights and to sensible times, not 10, 11 o'clock at night,

+1
If you've got young kids then a tenner spent on a box of basic fireworks and a few sparklers is better value than any display. A family effort to build a bonfire in the field, "eeny meeny miny mo" to decide who strikes the match, cups of hot soup and crusty rolls straight out of the rayburn. All good clean fun. It's what being a family is all about. What's not to like?

Totally agree with you on this. Apart from i tried this the other night and ended up with a rogue firework wedging itself into the side of my head. Won't put me off doing it again as the kids loved it!!!!

It's only once in the year! Chill out there. Think of it as an opportunity to get the 12 bore out and solve the squirrel/pigeon problem in your suburban back garden with nobody calling the police!

(Please note the above is said in jest and I advise you not to try that at home!)

Do you fire a thousand rounds every time you stalk and do so for a week at a time in your back garden ? ..... Not really the same then is it ...

I would ate a range.
I would at a clay ground.
I would pheasant shooting
Its all pretty much the same!

Wildfowling late at night, I know of a few that will be out on the tides, this can be any time of night down the river.
Pigeon shooting all times of the day and all day. Some even at first light on the crows in the summer months.
Fox and rabbit all hours of the night.

Few fire works for a week or so in November and again on new year.

My one dog hates the fireworks its a pain in the bum but we get over it. The other one pays no attention to them. Let people live their lives how they see fit. Is my thoughts. We can all pick holes in others and we seam to be hearing it more and more moaning on how we don't like what others do. No matter what one does in live, someone will moan that that don't like it.

Back