We will remember them

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

Today I was proud of the locals at ASDA, for 10 minutes before 11 Asda anounced over the tannoy , that at 11 there would be a 2 minute silence, 1 minute before 11 the last post was played and then we had the chimes of Big Ben , not a person moved during the 2 minutes silence, most bowed there heads, even the parents with very young children asked them to stand still.

God bless all the men women and animals that strived and sacrificed everything for our spineless politicians to give it all away again.

God bless all the men women and animals that strived and sacrificed everything for our spineless politicians to give it all away again.

And for me that makes it doubly important we never forget their sacrifice.

Today I stood in a cold church instead of attending my rifle club's Memorial Match as I felt it less than appropriate to be enjoying myself albeit you might argue it was to pursue such joyous freedoms that the sacrifice was made.

Picking up on the 2 minutes silence in a supermarket, I was pleased to see so many unfamiliar and young faces in our village church today so perhaps all is not lost .

K

Least we forget.

Glad to read that about your local ASDA, someone obviously who cares is incharge of that store, well done that person.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

No greater love hath any man than to lay down his life for his friends.

Packed church for 9.30 service and a huge gathering for the parade in Stamford yesterday,many many young people and teenagers thank God,so good to see them.

God bless all our serving service women and men and those who went before when the call came.

Its a sham that we forget the injured after the event. Through time we should never.never forget any of our brave souls that have fought and died and fought and survived for us all

When you go Home, tell them of us and say, For your Tomorrow, we gave our Today” John Maxwell Edmunds 1916

The freedoms that we all enjoy came, and indeed continue to come from the sacrifice of our armed forces. We must never,ever forget that.

Tescos in Bourne also had the 2 mins silence,it was good to see everyone respect it and the reason for it.the road was also closed so traffic didnt violate the moment .

Respectful thoughts out to all allies. You all remember yesterday, we remember tomorrow - but we all commemorate the same event.

i have the greatest respect for you Brits, my first deployment as young airman was a joint NATO exercise with Brits and Canucks. Ran into your lads several more times in the course of a career.

The 11th minute, of the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th Month of 1918.

In America, that is an hour of a moment of silence on Armistice Day, now known as Veterans Day, commemorating the First World War, the Second World War, and all since.

There are still parades, and I am thankful for that. School is out, so many children will attend with their parents, hopefully sparking a curiosity to understand the history which brought them to the peace they enjoy now.

My first email this morning was from a friend, sending a photo of her deceased father, a member of the Doolittle Raiders, who lived down the road from me. What a super fellow, a quiet and successful businessman, and most never knew that side of him.

Back