Spreading

User00004

I have never shot a Boar, never seen one in the wild if I'm honest. Just wondering, what is the spread rate of these? I assume they are similar to Farmed pigs in that they will have 6-8 young at a time. With that number of offspring, that would surely indicate the spread of these is reasonably fast, unless mortality rate is high.

I 've read several posts on here saying that they tear fields to pieces when they are feeding so if mortality rates are low, surely they would have to spread out to sustain a natural life through feeding habits?

Are all areas suitable within the UK to support these? Well, all areas where other wild animals (Deer) habitat or are they more sustainable in farmlands/woods in low land areas?

Cheers

TJ

Still interested in knowing more.....I put this up 9 months ago...

TJ

I have two breading animals and they are very resilient. They have litters of 8 ish, the sows make great mothers and I would imagine that mortality in the wild is not bad. Certainly a wild boar sow would see off and predator that we have in this country. My assumption is that they are getting shot hard because everything I have seen would indicate that they would spread very quickly indeed.

Back