New calibre

Home Loader

Evening all
How do you choose a new calibre? I am going to change a rifle I have a .243 and know an like the calibre but fancy a change, already have a 308 in the cabinet, the choices are just to many!
what do you all use and why?
cheers

204 ? 6.5x47 ? or 270 what ever you like as said tonnes of choice small wasp or a big bang as long as it makes you grin you go ahead and have one .;)

Choose a bullet weight and construction
match it to a suitable calibre
choose a cartridge that drives said bullet at the speed you want

or just get a .270...

I do have a .222 as an enjoyable small calibre. The 308 is provided by work so am looking to have something different!

30/06 - a fNtastic round that has more of a "ba-doom" than a "bang", you can knock down pretty much anything that walks the planet and also shoot rabbits and long range with it.A very versatile round.Regards,Gixer

Evening all
How do you choose a new calibre? I am going to change a rifle I have a .243 and know an like the calibre but fancy a change, already have a 308 in the cabinet, the choices are just to many!
what do you all use and why?
cheers
how about 7-08. Flat, fast, and if carsburg made ammo.......
or a 7x57

How about a totally new rifle and cartridge, like a Marlin 336 in .30-30 or .444?
Or an older Mauser in 8x57IS?

Get what you fancy or Taylor to its Intended use. 6.5s are fashionable just now, 7mms in a similar fashion, both are good in any calibre.

280 AI is very good, or even 7x57 AI.

Get what you fancy or Taylor to its Intended use. 6.5s are fashionable just now, 7mms in a similar fashion, both are good in any calibre.

280 AI is very good, or even 7x57 AI.

I have have been looking at the 7mm's. I have no need to change calibre just an itch, it would be a lot simpler to stick to the .243 as I have all the gear for reloading.
Oh but how the itch itches!

Back