.223 advice needed

wildfowler.250

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice on what bullets to use through my CZ American .223? I need something that's roe legal but it's also going to be used for foxing/long range vermin. I tried sako game heads and hornady 55grn vmax,(not for the roe but for a comparison and foxes). Anyway, zeroing conditions were poor but I managed about a 1 inch group at 100 yards with the vmax's. The gamepoints weren't grouping aswell so what would you recommed? I half thought about going for 50grn BT's but wasn't sure?

I know some people don't like ballistic tips for deer but a lot also rate them for neck shots so any views are greatly appreciated.

ATB

Hi Sierra do a head ..no 1365- Ive not tried it myself but asked the same question last week and was advised to use this in .223 as I needed a bullet head suitable for Munti and Roe in Scotland. I also found out that most heads under 55 grain are far to explosive for use on deer.

P

Have a close look at the 55gr sako gameheads. They grouped very well out of my cz (1in12 twist)
and they performed very well on fox. Not too explosive. The cartridge was designed for roe.
1" group is normaly enough for out to 200yds.
edi

Hi Sierra do a head ..no 1365- Ive not tried it myself but asked the same question last week and was advised to use this in .223 as I needed a bullet head suitable for Munti and Roe in Scotland. I also found out that most heads under 55 grain are far to explosive for use on deer.

P

Have a close look at the 55gr sako gameheads. They grouped very well out of my cz (1in12 twist)
and they performed very well on fox. Not too explosive. The cartridge was designed for roe.
1" group is normaly enough for out to 200yds.
edi

Thanks for both replies!

I think I'll just stick with the sako gameheads then, mabye with nicer conditions the groups will improve 8)

I also noticed that sako also do a 50 grain BT but I'm guessing that wouldn't be up to the job?

Many thanks for the input!

Nosler 55Gn BT or Speer 55GN softies pushed by 25grains of hogdon benchmark,

either one works for me.

Back