Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50

marshall

hi there,

ive been looking at the vortex viper 6.5-20x50 for foxing on a 223,
theres lots of good reviews on this scope but not much about how it performs under the lamp, does anyone use this scope for lamping and if so what do they think?
Also wheres the best/cheapest place to buy this scope?

thanks marshall

Hi Marshall
A friend of mine sells them and absolutely swears by them, even uses them on his own rifles.
give him a ring and he'll give you unbiased advice,
his names David and his web site is Customcartridges.com

ATB

Last edited:
Not my choice, I don't like 1st focal plane or the weight but quite popular here in WA I know 3 shooters with this scope. They have the tactical reticle with all the fruit. Good to excellent optics and light gathering and if you get the illuminated reticle you'll be able to see the very fine crosshairs. Good value for the money.

thanks for the reply hybirdfiat,
im thinking of getting the mil dot reticle so that it is easier to see under the lamp, I have a Z6 2.5-15x56 bt on the rifle at the moment which is a great scope for deer and daytime foxing but the reticle is to fine when lamping.

I have one Marshall, and its 2nd focal plane with mill dots, used it under a lamp and never needed the ill recticle turned on.
So for the money there a bargain

I really cant see the point of a mil dot ret if you are mainly shooting sub 400 yards. The first dot usually is 4 MOA down, thats 350 yards ish on my rifles.

Far better IMHO to have an illuminated option on a small dot and dial the range + drops in.

A

My son has one on his .22lr and it is an excellent bit of glass, i would buy one except the whole reticule is illuminated I prefer only the aim point illuminated. His came from Riflecraft at the Shooting show and I think he had a good deal on it. Brilliant warranty and extremly good value for the money.

D

Back