Foggy stalk

white van man

Got up early yesterday and in high seat by 6.15 all I could see was fog. Eventually could see about 200mtrs. But nothing about.
went for a walk in an adjacent field which was wood to the east with wood belt to the north and south. Got halfway down the east side looking into wood,then saw a small herd trotting from north to South over potato field.Stalked back round to south side within about 80mtrs which enabled me a safe shot, damn fog dropped again and when it cleared they were going north again.
So stalked round the perimeter of wood to a high seat and got a clear shot at about 150 mtrs.
she weighed 36k in the fur.
Steve

Hi WMV,
Good larder filler!
Any more info on rifle/ammunition details ?
I'm intrigued by the apparent lack of an exit wound at 150 yds.
Not being funny, just asking !
cheers, Tedward.

Hi Tedward,

Unfortunately they don't go into my larder, they go to the estate.
The rifle is a Savage Weather Warrior in 7mm-08 I was using Barnes TTSX with 44gr of Varget.
Must admit I was surprised at no exit wound as the last one I shot at 70yds took three ribs on the way out.
mind you the heart was completely shattered,it just took a couple of steps turned round and dropped.

Cheers Steve.

Well done mate, plenty of fallow and munties in Ipswich area. Nice to get out and shoot a few, paying game dealer rates for a carcass is cheap enough anyway. ATB

Back