Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit "twitchy" - In hospital today.

A bit "twitchy" - In hospital today.

It's getting very close to time for my hospital transport to pick me up to take me for admission to Royal Blackburn Hospital today. They told me to be ready for any time after 06:00 to be there for admission at 08:00! I've been up since 4 this morning (Didn't sleep too well as I let things "play on my mind" a little)
    Although I have total confidence in the doctor who is going to "treat me" but even so I am now starting to get a little "twitchy"!
    I was told when I had the angiogram that they were going to be able to treat me with just a couple of stents (No more difficult for them than a mechanic doing an oil change on a car engine) but when I went last Wednesday for the "pre-assessment" they told me that before the doctor puts any stents in he wants to pass a camera through as the left main stem of my heart which has two restrictions that he want to look closer at from the inside first as well as another one in the "Left Ascending Artery". I don't mind admitting that being told this has got me a little worried.
    Anyway, I am not complaining as the damage/disease done to my heart and arteries is mostly self inflicted by years of smoking and not taking care of myself and I know that I have no-one to blame bar myself!
    I'm pretty sure that all will go well so here's hoping that I will be able to get back on like soon and say how things went.

All the best.

Try and reflect on the positive as in your MOT identified the defect and you're now in the Treatment Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    All the best.

Try and reflect on the positive as in your MOT identified the defect and you're now in the Treatment Bay.

Yes, thanks for that. The only thing that wories me about the "treatment bay" after having the MOT is that they might decide to tell me that I need new air filters and plugs as well - You know what some of these garages are like!

I'm sure everything will be fine, this time next week you'll be laughing, thinking back to how twitchy you were today
    ATB, Wingy

I know a few people who have had this done, and it makes a new person of them afterwards.

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine. I know how you feel four weeks ago I suffered a heart attac at only 41 It was a hell of a shock to me as I'm fit and active and don't drink or smoke. I had a stent fitted of which I was very nervouse being my first operation all went well and I'm now well onto the road of recovery.

you'll soon be back on your feet feeling better than ever.

all the best

I wish you well.

My brother-in-law is in the same process running three weeks behind you. His stents are due on the 11. Dec. He has been a non-smoker all his life so it does not necessarily follow that was what caused your problems, but you probably know that!

Everybody I have heard about having it done has recovered fast. Sounds like both you, crouch valley and my brother-in-law will be able to have a good Christmas.

Cheers, Alan

All the best mate,
    My father-in-law had major heart surgery 3 days ago (double bypass and new valve) and he's pleasantly surprised at how well he's recovering - most of his fears were groundless.

Did they stare at you whilst shaking their heads and sucking their teeth?
    Cor, that's knackered mate. Yeah, need a new one of those, not much call for spares for those these days. Been obsolete for years.

Good luck with the service.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieBoy View Post
    they might decide to tell me that I need new air filters and plugs as well
    Don't let it worry you......I'm sure you'll feel Champion

Good luck mate