Chargemaster 1500

Jason308250

Anybody have any experience with the rcbs charge master 1500 combined unit,thinking of getting one but I am hearing some horror stories,about not settling down before use apparently you need to switch them on first and leave the room to settle down,and no good for ball powders like h-380,and a lot of units being returned for being faulty,

Mine has been spot on, one of the best buys Ive made
I can second this, had mine for some time now and never had a problem, touch wood!
Got mine from the states via ebay, even with customs charge it was far cheaper than sold anywhere in thE UK
Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard good to hear that all the horrors are not true then,the chap I was talking to said he had one of the earlier ones,they must have improved since then

I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.

i had the scale part without the thrower on top and it was a pain in the arse it kept lossing its zero after about 6 uses you would return the pan and it would read -0.01 weigh out another 6 or 7 loads and it would drop another 0.01 you had to keep re-setting it and in the end i totaly lost trust in it and bought a normal set of rcbs balance scales which were great

I'm about a year into my relationship with mine. I'm contemplating proposing to her. I do love her.

Actually, If it could tell jokes and drink beer I wouldn't need any other friends!

Got to go along with BK though the bench needs to be stable. You will end up seating a bullet while it dispenses the next charge and the movement on the bench from your press risks putting off its throw. However on the upside I don't find that cold, drafts and fluorescent lights affect it like cheap digital scales so its really only the stability of the bench that's got to be dealt with.

Its not a big package but it does take up a bit of bench space.

In saying this I do feel I'm being a little unfaithful to her. I will go and buy flowers.

Other than my Dillon its the best reloading purchase I have made. Yes its an investment but if you shoot a lot its a damn good one.

Oh one other thing. Before you pour a can of powder in make sure the powder drain is shut.

+1 on this:doh:

North Dorset glad that you think it's a great bit of kit as long as it throws consistent throws of powder,sir lamps a lot another different point of view,I don't mind paying for something as long as it works,as I load a lot of rounds I was hoping that it would save a little time on throwing charges

I've had nothing like these kind of problems. I calibrate mine before every session.

It beeps apologetically if it throws 0.1gr too much. After its thrown the charge you must wait for it to check the weight. It has a trickle button if it's thrown short and trickles in 0.1gr increments.

If it does this it's probably down to movement on my bench but it's occasional and not predictable.

Find someone who hates their's and rip their arm off at £250. Frankly you will be lucky to find someone and that price is a bit optimistic now.

north dorset I will still check on a balance beam scale until I am happy its throwing good charges.until im happy that its doing the job right.i will buy new now shopping for one,don't know weather to get one from the states or get one here,thanks for the info

i had the scale part without the thrower on top and it was a pain in the arse it kept lossing its zero after about 6 uses you would return the pan and it would read -0.01 weigh out another 6 or 7 loads and it would drop another 0.01 you had to keep re-setting it and in the end i totaly lost trust in it and bought a normal set of rcbs balance scales which were great

+1^ I think you have to switch it on and go shopping or mow the lawn while it warms up.
Recalibrating is a pain in the rectum too.

Actually,I have switched over to 10-10 scale and Target Master.
I use RCBS Little Dandies and Lyman 55 to chuck a light charge in the scale pan with the TM trickling up to shutoff.

Bryan.

Once you have paid shipping and import charges it's still expensive from the USA. At least if you have the problems listed above you will have recourse to a UK seller for warranty.

"Recalibrating is a pain" really? Push button, ad first weight, push button add second weight, push button remove weights, put pan on and push button for zero and away you go.

Perhaps not a big fan of foreplay either? :)

Lyman gen 6
Same but cheaper by good bit & as reliable & UK buy fae spud , then got yer warranty
Love mine
Paul

Sauer have you owned the RCBS to make that comparison?

It's just that I can't imagine there are many people that have owned the 1500, fancied a change, sold the RCBS and bought a Lyman and said "bugger me RCBS is a rip off"

No but my brother has one , my mate has one .... So been able to look at them closely
I nearly bought one but Spud1967 did say on enquiry that his opinion was it did same job to same spec.... I looked at the prices & decided to try it ....

And I'm glad I did . Good unit , consistent & does the same job well for less money

I never said the chargemaster was a rip off or did I say it was better or worse

My brother & mate love their chargemaster

I just found a tool does exactly the same thing as quick to same accuracy ..... For less cash & I know it has a uk seller / warranty

Paul

Back