Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vortex diamondback binoculars

vortex diamondback binoculars

Has anyone tried these bino's have heard they're pretty good for the money , but has anyone tried them in low light

My pal has brought a pair back from the States - they look the biz.
    I tried them out but nothing challenging and I have to say I was impressed and all for less than $300 in the USA.

Established Poster
    The Tidal River Tamar
    I've got an 8x42 pair coming on trial well see.

Hoping to have a few sets down with us at the Newark Deer Stalking Fair. It'll be our usual hard sell approach - ie you are welcome to give them a try and decide for yourself.

We like them and have yet to find a major gripe for the money.
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

Thanks for the feed back guys much appreciated

I see sportsman gun centre are doing them for like 130 or something. Pretty cheap.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

We do them if it's any help, we are using vortex bins and scopes and they are very good for the money plus the warranty is second to none
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Stalkers online shop at or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Does anyone else see the phrase, "good for the price" as damning with faint praise? Or is it just me?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

My mate got some and we compared them to my older 8x42 Swaro SLC's in a not so scientific test. Normal light you can't really tell the difference. Low light I reckoned mine were clearer and he said not. You could defo see better through mine when the light was nearly gone, but by then you wouldn't shoot a deer anyway!

I bought my Swaro's 2nd hand for 500 quid which was a good deal, but if I'd had the chance to compare before I got them, I would probably have bought the Vortex and saved meself a good wedge. Swaro's are certainly not 10 times the quality, but new are 10 times the price!!

Oh and Vortex give a no quibble lifetime guarantee too and they are much lighter than mine,

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I've been using these for the last few years and I think they're very good. At last light if these can't see the deer then neither will my Zeiss scope.