Thread: Tikka T3 Laminated Stock Quality - Gunsmiths opinions please.

Tikka T3 Laminated Stock Quality - Gunsmiths opinions please.

Do any of SD's Gunsmiths and Plumbers have any thoughts on the quality of the factory laminated stock option for the Tikka T3?

Is it "too soft", etc?

Looks aside, is it worth the extra money over the factory plastic stock in terms of it's ability to be bedded etc if necessary?

Not sure how much more they cost for the factory laminated stock but i do now you can buy a boyds stock for 125 to your door then you would have two stocks

If you want a laminate then go Boyds. I enquires about a new Tikka laminate and was quoted 275 vs 130 all in for a Boyds. I'm more than happy with the Boyds, it's had some heavy use and only has a few very very shallow dents on the forend

I'm not a gunsmith - just a hunter - but here's my humble thoughts. I owned a T3 lite in 270 with standard synthetic stock then a 7mmRemMag T3 with a laminate stock. Apart from looking sexy the laminate stock was much nicer. I was bush hunting in NZ and the synthetic stock is quite noisy compared to laminate when you bump it on branches, belt etc. The laminate felt more sturdy and if I'm honest I preferred shooting the 7mm rather than the 270 - I think it had a lot to do with the stock. It was very hard and didn't dent or mark. So there's my thoughts.

Thanks all.

I'm now the proud(ish) owner of a T3 Laminated Stainless!

T3best rifle you can buy for the money

The stock looks great, and is much nicer to handle than the synthetic version. I stripped the rifle down when I got it home to get the factory applied oil off, and check everything over.

i'll save my thoughts on the rifle as a whole for another thread, and just say here that the inletting whilst adequate, isn't all that tidy to be honest.