www.Optics-trade.eu - worth a quick read!

Vipa

I am loathed to buy gear from abroad and firmly believe that we should support our indigenous gun and equipment dealers...... But... sometimes, particularly when you start taking an interest in high end gear, rip off Britain just becomes too expensive and so it pays to start thinking outside the box... or shopping outside of the UK!

Wanted a new pair of range-finding binos.. REALLY wanted the Leica HD-Bs but after spending half a day on the phone and internet, the best price I was offered anywhere was £2,320.... £200plus better than the advertised prices at most dealers! WAAAAY too rich for me so resigned myself to another pair of Zeiss 8x45rfs (not too shabby at all but not what I really wanted!)

Found an optics dealer in Slovenia... www.optics-trade.eu seemed too good to be true... when I worked it out the binos came in at £1,914!!!! £400 less than the best price I had been offered and more than £600 less than most dealers!!!!!

But... what to do!?! the thought of sending almost £2k to a little dealer in eastern Europe terrified me!! after I had done some digging I felt calmer.. They produce lots of youtube videos about the products they stock and have a Facebook page with a healthy number of followers etc... I also made sure I communicated with them via email (they were very helpful too!)

So,,, I took a punt.. Used Paypal to give me a little protection (could have done the same using a credit card too!) and ordered the Geovid HD-B 8x42s... They even shipped them for free (use the checkout code 'shipping_free') via UPS next business day!!!!!

Been panicking all weekend, even with tracking info! but this morning, my new binos arrived.. absolutely perfect and covered by the European warranty.. couldn't be happier!

So.. if you are looking for optics have a look, great service and very good prices!

Sports optics, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes, Range finders, Dot Sights and much more...

n.b. I am in no way associated with this company.. I just received great service and a fantastic saving and that deserves to be shouted about!!!!

lol penny dropped then , used Optics Trade many times always been spot on , and you can pay with paypal why pay through the nose in the U.K. ;)

Looks like you had a great buy!.... And we'll done for having the courage to see the purchase through. Could you tell me, if you have need to use the warranty because of a future problem, where do you send your binoculars off to for repair? Would Leica UK honor the warranty or would you have to send them back to Germany.

I remember many years ago I was looking to buy a new Subaru Impreza , there were considerable savings to be made by purchasing a right hand drive car abroad. I was informed by numerous dealerships in the UK that no dealership would then service the car or honor the warranty as the car was a "grey import"... Subaru UK tried to pretty much run a closed shop via its dealership network. when I inquired about purchasing a car via a Northern Ireland dealer, the dealer had been told that he could not supply cars to anybody from the mainland UK!

Last edited:
I just checked their site for some swarovski 10 x 42 binoculars £20 more expensive than my local shop

Back