PVRI partisan 90/100 grain .243 £11.80 for 20

2434me

Its either PVRI or PRVI ?I realy dont think its PIRV ! lol
Serbian? .243 bullets in 90 or 100 grain.Only costing £11.80 a box .

Compared to others costing up to £40 + ???

A friend of mine bought some yesterday and put in a 1 inch group at 100 yards .So he is off to buy a lot more for a bit of practise. The only thing he said about them was that they were a bit dirty ??

Anybody else come across them good/bad/indifferent ??

I was offerd some, as yet I have not bought any, but at the price it has to be given a try.
I would be interested in any comments

Ive used ppu ammo in my 223(55gr sp) for a while now, shot tens of foxes with them
with no problem at all(some fairley long range).:lol:
Have no experience of using ppu in 243, would like to here any feedback if anybody has as i am getting a 243 sortly.

ATB

Dave

I have used them in 243 cal for a while now no problems shot some big reds they didn't complain, I have also reloaded the cases without any problems good cheap round

It's gone up in price - I think I paid £8 for a box of 20 (.243 100gr SP) only a few months ago. I suspect the big explosion at their factory (in Zagreb?) may have something to do with the price rise. It's still cheap at the price if it suits your rifle and groups sub inch through my T3.

I have used partisans for about 8 years now without any problems, even when i was contracting for the FC. I have used them both in my .243 and .270 in 100 and 130 grain, and was originally paying £6.50 per box but now £10. I had 4 Sika stags the other weekend with them but the deer didn`t like em.:lol:
As for accuracy and range, i have shot deer out to long ranges with them, and would say they are as good as you need for Stalking and fox control.;)

The factory in Serbia burned to the ground the other month and my local gunshop says that the factory won`t be up and running fully until the end of March, so, you never know, the price might even go up again.:doh:

wadas

Last edited:
I saw a few people use or try them with good results last year up in the Highlands. For those sort of prices I'd like to get my hands on some myself but I don't know anyone around me who stocks them.

Gez

ppu Importer for the uk is Henry Krank (west yorkshire) tel= 01132 569 163 they can send to your local RFD.

ATB
Dave

The factory in Serbia burned to the ground the other month and my local gunshop says that the factory won`t be up and running fully until the end of March, so, you never know, the price might even go up again.:doh:
wadas

I posted this recently in the Rifle and Calibre section:

"The PPU explosions happened in a couple of the underground loading facilities they use. Most of the damage was not caused by the explosions themselves, but by the sprinkler system that kicked in. The blasts happened back in Sept last year in the tunnels they use for powder padding and production was only affected for a short time and that was for artillery shells. There aren't any shortages of Prvi Partisan other than those caused by the difficulties these days of haz mat freight, over flight and transhipping issues, shortage of licensed sea carriers and import and trade control licences difficulties. It's a hell of a job moving the stuff around and very expensive."

PPU have a huge facility over a large area. It was only a small section that was affected. I've been out there since then and there's no damage to see at all. Also they have a huge amount of ammunition in store at the facility and elsewhere so I can't see any shortage happening. It's the haz mat freight issues that will put the price up.

It's decent stuff. As ever some rifles like it and others don't. The cases can be slightly oversize at the base sometimes and that can cause sticky / difficult chambering sometimes. At the price is it worth trying a box. PPU do a lot of testing and the bullets tend to be reliable openers.

Last edited:
I bought mine from Kranks, buttttt ... I think it was Tika 308 ? Andy ? told me a gunsmith said the bullets are abrasive and made from very hard material that can bugger your barrel even though they shoot ok :eek:
I used some in my .308 and they seem to shoot better than federals .. so pays your money

yes rob it was me, now same as you say you pays your money. i havent used them and was only going off what the fella in bates gun shop in stafford said. he said he wont sell them from his shop they shoot well but he says they are abrasive and all the heads are over sized. his words were if you want to f%$ck a rifle up use them.i know a few that use them and get on great with them but he put me off them. he really went to town telling me about them and i cant remember it all so if anyone wants the low down give him a call, he could be talking a load of bull but he did a good job of putting me off.

Yeah, the case heads (base) can be oversized. I've had to file down my .308 PPU (empty unfired) cases a bit, perhaps 30 out of a 100. Otherwise the bolt would not close on them. Can't comment on the bullets being too hard as I'm not a metallurgist. There was a time when Norma bullets were thought to be too hard (too much nickel) and people were told not to use them in good barrels. I think that was most likely rubbish.

Never used them in any of my rifles, although I have known others who have had trouble with them, and others who swear by Privi. My only time I bought some is when I purchased my hand gun, the second shot the revolver jammed solid as the case split in the breach. That was the first and last time I used privi.

I won a box of the .243 100gr Privi at a stalkers shoot last year and found they shot a 3 shot group into a quadrant of an inch bullseye at 100yds when I was zeroed for central shooting with the 75gr V.Max bullet.
Very useful should a Roe appear when out shooting Carrions, a quick bullet change and then the work starts!

HWH.

Above target. Shot in 08 not 09 , senile decay again !
HWH.
PriviPartisan002.jpg

I have used them bought 40 rounds same serial number first box spot on with the 2nd box they were dropping before a roe buck to the left and above hitting the bank behind total 3 shots. went back to re zero but the rest were just as bad .went out and bought some winchester re zeroed now spot on

I tried the 90gr .243. They were ok through my rifle but not as consistent as my usual Sako 90gr SP......but less than half the price.

The odd flyer was disconcerting....me or the round ???

However, I did find it really quite hard to close the bolt on some and that put me off.

As to the price, I am not shooting the .243 like the hmr and so it is really not an issue....£9 v £20......

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

I only use it in the 6.5 and bought some in for clients to practice with....
Ending up using it in anger its very good in both 139 and 156... its very accurate caparble of sub M.O.A.
Only thing is its very slow just deer legal.
The heads perform well holding together well and leaving a nice clean exit.
The meat damage is minimal and the brass is very good and i reload it at very high preasures.
So I keep buying 300 rounds at a time @ £9.00 a box.
RWS cone points very good ammo but @ £48.00 a box.
As a woodland round its perfect.
Zeroed @ 100m's the 139 shoots 5 inch low at 220m's and keeps within 3 inch.

Having read all the comments and given the price I was going to give them a try but having called Kranks to see if they had any .243 PPU in stock and they dont and are only expecting new stock in 2 - 3 weeks time. Does anyone know of any other dealers that stock PPU ammunition?

Back