Thread: scope for my rifle.

scope for my rifle.

hey all,

looking for a scope for the rifle. budget around 850 max! looking for a zeiss swarovski or a scmitt but open to ideas using it for stalking lambing and a bit of range work nothing more than 500 yards.

any help would be hugely appreciated as there is so much to choose and look at I'm mega confused

Keep it simple JB, no need for gimics imo, 8x56, 6x42, or 3-9 depending on your needs, your budget is plenty in fact i would be expecting change, not sure about 'lambing' with it unless your eyesight is that bad.. atb

I have a S & B Klassic ( German )2.5 -10 x 56. Very good condition. 30mm tube. I would take 600 posted for it. New price at Uttings 999. It was 2nd hand when I bought it 2 years ago , but hadn't been mounted on a rifle.

look no further, mikewilliams on here has a swarovski 8x56 for sale, fantastic scope, 500, probably one of the best low light scopes on the market,
    by the way i have no connection with the seller, if you would like to look through one i am not far away from you send me a pm, Cheers Geoff

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    I have a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52, mint and boxed with papers you could have for 850. Would cover all your bases quite nicely.

With regard to advice, I think you're right in looking for better, high end glass from the manufacturers you quote. I'd add Kahles and Meopta to the list.
    Don't get too hung up on magnification, parallax, target turrets etc - yet(!)

Choose something you think suits you - it's an emotional attachment and there's no point not trusting or doubting your tools. All I would say is, I would want more than 8 or 10 mag at 3-500 yds. This is my personal preference. If you're happy with 8x, then the 8x56 is a classic scope for sure.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I have a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52, mint and boxed with papers you could have for 850. Would cover all your bases quite nicely..

Thats a nice do everything scope and Id be happy with that at that price
    -what reticle ?
    -what's the tube size ?

P.M. sent Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 illuminated.

New Zeiss Conquest DL with ASV for the range work. Fits your price bracket perfectly, I've got one and can't fault it. Or forgo the ASV and get a cheaper second hand Duralyt and the range work will be a bit more tricky.