Thread: Lightforce Lamp and Roof Rack?

Lightforce Lamp and Roof Rack?

One thing that never ceases to amaze is the creativity and skill of fellow shooters on SD. It has saved me many brain cells in the past, and I am hoping it will gaain with an issue I am trying to solve.

The Lightforce suction mounted lamp mount is very pricey, and the roof mounted t-bar is not an option as I don't want to drill through my car. I have a couple of lightforce lamps, both a scope mounted and a handheld one. I have an x-trail with the big sunroof and a roof bar that runs above the drivers/passenegrs head.

Has anyone made/invented/modified anything that would allow the roof bar to act a as a lamp mount? If so, pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I have a roof mount t-bar fixed in a piece of plywood which clamps in place when the sun roof is open. Its not completely water proof but its on an old truck so I'm not worried about a few drips. The lamp is a scope mount lightforce with a bracket made to fit it the t-bar stud. I think some hand held ones come ready threaded in the handle.
    If my explanation makes no sense at all I'll try to sort out a few pictures tomorrow.

A photo would be helpful, I think I am with you though. I'm more wanting to be able to mount to the bars, as I have some wierd roof rails on it that mean I need height on the lamp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lamp.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	49722Here is the photo for what its worth. I've tried to show one of the clamps that hold it in place. The gaffer tape is to protect the roof lining. I had a bodged bracket on a plank before but it didn't give 180 degree swivel and left the roof open. I recon the "T" bar is well worth the money. If you need extra height could you not just extend the bracket on the end of the handle?

I done the same thing as jimo,

I replicated the sunroof glass with thin alloy and plastic stuff (I still have it) but its fir a vitara, it worked a treat I only wish I had a sunroof in this vitara as I would do the same thing,

Regards and I wish you well,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks guys. Not sure I can do something like this, my sunroof is double size. I might have to invest in the suction mounted arm, but I really don't want to!

Not sure this'll help. I got the suction things they use to lift glass, cut it in half then put a bit dowel / brush shaft in it. A cluson light clamp on light then it all gets fitted to windscreen.

Umm... Sounds interesting. I'll look in to this. Thanks.