Set Up My Shooting House This Week

UTGrad

Set up my shooting house this week. We've got several of these throughout our hunting lease. It's 4' x 6' and got great views!! We expect to have many deer harvested out of it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212741.204483.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212778.181115.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212793.258213.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212810.111302.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212820.266866.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212761.121848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417212761.121848.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Nice, don't know why more folk over here don't have some sort of cover on high seats ? A simple box type canvas or pvc cover would be simple and cost effective to make and fit.
Just got a permission where we can install some high seats, and they'll have covers on. I don't like the cold wind and rain :rofl:

In the US we refer to them as "stands" but most of my stands are in trees without any type of cover. I start to get in the shooting houses when firearm seasons open.

I'm an avid bow/archery hunter and spend a lot of time in the tree stand without cover.

That being said our weather doesn't change every 15 minutes over here lol

In the US we refer to them as "stands" but most of my stands are in trees without any type of cover. I start to get in the shooting houses when firearm seasons open.

I'm an avid bow/archery hunter and spend a lot of time in the tree stand without cover.

That being said our weather doesn't change every 15 minutes over here lol

The weather is a problem here, you can start to climb up in brilliant sunshine and it's pi**ing down with rain by the time you've reached the top :rofl:

UTGrad what you have built is usually refered to as a Norfolk tower high seat over here. Probably because of the extra time and work involved we tend to use more lean to or free standing chair type seats (what you call stands) though saying that on one estate that I shot on all the high seats were tower type. It always reminded me of movie prisoner of war camps every time I climbed in one. If the same thing is built on the ground it is refered to as a doe box.

Nice, don't know why more folk over here don't have some sort of cover on high seats ? A simple box type canvas or pvc cover would be simple and cost effective to make and fit.
Just got a permission where we can install some high seats, and they'll have covers on. I don't like the cold wind and rain :rofl:

Here is my shooting box, swivel chair and carpeted, dozed off many times in it,zzzz

Back