dogging

skywull

rite i thought that might get your attention ...no i dont mean that kind of doggin i mean doggin school or, palying truant for our english friends, did any of you do it just to get out and about in the countryside woods and rivers to do a bit fishing hunting with an airgun or just to watch birds and animals, im afraid to my shame i did and did it a lot to the detrement of my education :doh:i think tho i learned more than most in so doing coz when it came to the days i did go to school and we got nature studies ( yes nature studies remember them) my hand was in the air for every question asked and could answer and even add to things that were asked, things id never have learned in any classroom to this day im still every bit as keen to get out and sit and watch things around me as i was then, it sure improved my hunting skills or fieldcraft as its called now some things you just cant get in a classroom or uni

on my gcse exam results page i have a x against english litriture as i was out shooting pidgeons with a air rifle instead of at the exam as i didnt know it was on as the day we were told it was on i was out shooting (probely why i cant spell now) and throughout the shooting season i had every tuesday and thursday off to go beating which really gripped my old science teacher who challenged me on it one day in class and me being a cocky little 16 year old told him that they were pb days a bit like td or teacher development days, to this he asked what are pb days? to which i replied pupil beating days sir, as you could imagine i wasnt his favorite student but in all honesty school wasnt for me the teachers on the whole has a dislike of shooting and very few of them could actualy keep me ingaged in my school work but i suppose you can lead a horse to water...

aye you bet alex lol can you mind when a magpies egg was about as rare as having long troozers at school lolol ooops that when it was ok to collect eggs :doh:

on my gcse exam results page i have a x against english litriture as i was out shooting pidgeons with a air rifle instead of at the exam as i didnt know it was on as the day we were told it was on i was out shooting (probely why i cant spell now) and throughout the shooting season i had every tuesday and thursday off to go beating which really gripped my old science teacher who challenged me on it one day in class and me being a cocky little 16 year old told him that they were pb days a bit like td or teacher development days, to this he asked what are pb days? to which i replied pupil beating days sir, as you could imagine i wasnt his favorite student but in all honesty school wasnt for me the teachers on the whole has a dislike of shooting and very few of them could actualy keep me ingaged in my school work but i suppose you can lead a horse to water...

it was alwas on my report card "wull does not pay attention" wull must try harder; lol but little did they know wull was having the time of his life lol i mind my father saying wull one day you'll be sweeping the streets if you dont stick in at school lol we'll i did for 3 weeks after maggie shut the steel works in craigneuk and the ar se fell out of everything but at least i took the work till i got back into better work lol i wonder how many would have done that .lol

To many times and it did have a negative effect on my schooling . Still I was good at natures study,s if that's the correct word and top at biology handing in many specimens for us all to cut up and had hands like leather because I sadly got blamed for all that went wrong lol. Those were the days when the belt was part of the teachers dress code.
For the ones who never had the pleasure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...80113-The-cane-and-school-punishments;367;448

I hated school mostly because my folks were very poor. The worst part was they bought my school clothes from an army surplus store and unfortunately i felt a real tit standing in line fully kitted out as a Japanese fighter pilot.

I hated school mostly because my folks were very poor. The worst part was they bought my school clothes from an army surplus store and unfortunately i felt a real tit standing in line fully kitted out as a Japanese fighter pilot.
i remeber that for some reason army type boots were in fasion and also quilted lumberjack style shirts, the one and only time i ever almost fitted in

I went to a number of schools as i was excluded / expelled due to being disruptive, it turned out I was dyslexic, and if I could get thrown out of the class and eventually the school well that was a good thing! Then I was back on the farm helping dad, or out with the air rifle shooting pigeons n squirrels.

Anyway I had a great turn of events just a couple of years ago... I was about to fly home from working in Bahrain and walked to the gate and there in front of me was an ageing man I recognised - it was only one of my teachers from school, one who gave me a particularly hard time... Anyway I took the opportunity to say remember me! We chatted and he was there visiting his son, anyway they announced would first and business like to board so I went on through. I was sat down in business just making myself comfy and he came on through right by me, I couldn't help but ask oh where are you sat? He pointed to the back and well I couldn't help myself.... "You should have tried harder at school!"

To many times and it did have a negative effect on my schooling . Still I was good at natures study,s if that's the correct word and top at biology handing in many specimens for us all to cut up and had hands like leather because I sadly got blamed for all that went wrong lol. Those were the days when the belt was part of the teachers dress code.
For the ones who never had the pleasure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...80113-The-cane-and-school-punishments;367;448

christ your not into that are you davie lol

Interesting fact No. 453: Corporal punishment (the birch), as a sentence from the courts was still legal in the Isle of Man until 1976.

well believe it or believe it not P.F i still have one and use it for all sorts, the strap broke on it at one side so i just cut a hole in it and looped it and tied it lol it shortned it a wee bit but id never change it, iv even stuffed it with moss and used it as a rifle rest the odd time in an emergency

The old school belt, seen that loads of times, teachers got fed up giving me the belt and i often got sent hame (home to those who don't understand) where my Da who had the biggest hauns (hands) ever gave me a good slap, i came from a massive family and when i ran away from ma Da one of my seven brothers would soon catch me and back to the hoose for my punishment.
I was sitting 8 o levels and eventually was allowed to sit 2, Woodwork and arith.
I made a point in getting more qualifications when in employment over the years from Shopwork to Govmnt and working on the doors which my 10 odd years of boxing came in very handy. I have spoke to my son about his prospects and working hard at school and he has done brilliant with loads of qualifications at ordinary level and higher.
Moral of this big write up is I made an erse of School but i got by and wish i could turn the years back so that i would not have to make up and study again whilst working. Happy Days Now.

Many a happy hour spent up the railway banki'n with a rifle,used to walk around twenty miles up to the steelworks & Dee estuary & back to Chester, last two years of school only went in Thursdays/Fridays, (Metalwork/Woodwork/Tech drawing).... left school before allowed... school board man came to the garage where I was an apprentice, dragged me back to the hellhole called school.

EE lads sounds like quite a few of us were similer back in the day failed 11+ headmaster said I was day dreaming the window above his head looked out on wetlands I knew every species of wildfowl by its size and flight pattern at the age of 11 and new everywhere to look for bird nests. tied spoons to sticks to collect waterhen eggs out the willows.

I got expelled from school after i got caught wa***ng in the showers.... it kinda ruined our trip to Aus***itch!

Back