Thread: Speeding Ticket

Post Speeding Ticket

Just had a Notice to Prosecute from Manchester Police for speeding.
    Fortunately I checked their evidence photo on-line, not my car, looks like the automated system is not fool proof or the operator needs to go to specsavers.
    They have miss-read the number plate and not checked that the registered vehicle matches the one in the photo. One is a Blue Pickup and the other a little White van
    I wonder how many people have just accepted the fine and not chased up the evidence?
    The spooky thing is that I don't live near Manchester but was in Manchester on that day and at that time, but nowhere near the location.

When I got mine through the post to get the picture you had to pay money. As I was in the right area at the right time I just accepted speeding school.

In this day and age it would cost nothing to include a picture in the notice of intended prosecution. The travesty of paying to see the evidence really wound me up (more than getting caught speeding!). Can you imagine having to pay in court to see a piece of evidence!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

It was only that I read the whole form properly, that I found you could Log In and see the Evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Can you imagine having to pay in court to see a piece of evidence!
    No - but you'd actually be in the court, and so would the photo.

I don't want my taxes being used to pay for other peoples' evidence of speeding to be delivered to their door!

Friend of mine had the same in Manchester, not even the same type of vehicle, and it was on the south coast at the time.

I once got a parking ticket from hackney for a green renult when my car was a blue cavalier , my reg had been cloned
    when you stop learning you stop being challenged

My mate got a congestion charge ticket from London. He denied it. He asked for the evidence. His van, identical, bought at fleet auction, with his number plate. He had never left Oban and on the day in question had been working outside the police station. Cloned.

Only time my car was caught on a speed camera the missus was driving it

I'll never let her live it down...

I had a speeding ticket sent to my work , I was in a 7.5t truck doing 50 in a 50 . Person in the office must of seen truck and automatically thought it should be doing 40 on the single carriageway. . It was a hassle to sort out .

So what happens re the two cloned cases above ?
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"