Thread: Boar in Normandy

Boar in Normandy

Having seen EMcC's comment that no one is writing up their trips I will add a brief note.

I shot in Normandy on Saturday as part of a mixed group of French and English, we were 16 rifles and shot 58 head between us. The bag included 56 boar of various sizes, one red spiker and a roe doe. Suffice to say that we could could had shot a great deal more if we had shot straighter.

We then retired to the owners magnificent trophy room for an excellent dinner with fine wine and champagne. What I would say as an aside was that the shooting was safer than I have seen in a while and everyone was very well dressed with NO cammo to be seen and most were in tweed and a tie.

Nice one Patrick, sounds like a well organised hunt. Were you using the 9.3?

I was using a 9.3, my new one, it is a 9.3x74r over and under Merkel built between the wars, great fun...

Did you shoot a left & right by any chance?

As it happens no but I did try to avoid shooting sows.....

Patrick , Was this a walled estate? or open country

Sounds a good trip, sounds like it was alot of fun

Not walled but with a stock fence around it so as to enable the land owner to make the Chasse Prive.

What sort of acreage are we talking about? this sounds as sporting as my brothers pheasant tower shooting trip in the states

Stop stirring Richard...!! It was over 1000ha and the fence was like a sheep fence.