Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Snow of the year

First Snow of the year

Looking out this morning it was nice to see the hills dressed with their first snow of the season. The tops well covered & a dusting down to 1000ft - I'll take a picture when the sun gets up a bit further. -- Nearly time to get the snow camo gear & wooly knickers out!

As promised - the view from the front door - why I live where I do!
    The horses are the retired garon ponies who used to work here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_1948.JPG 
Views:	327 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	49832

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Picture postcard Ian - very nice indeed. A beautiful view to wake up to, whatever the season
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

What an amazing view. Thanks for sharing the picture.

It's a pity I don't have a better camera - that is taken with an ancient 2MP Kodak camera - Note to self to buy a new one! - Any suggestions?

We had our first snow about a fortnight ago, all gone again apart from the high tops, where it will remain until June or even July next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    It's a pity I don't have a better camera - that is taken with an ancient 2MP Kodak camera - Note to self to buy a new one! - Any suggestions?

A good entry level DSLR is a Nikon D3200. Prices vary from between £280 and £340. Here is a link

I bought one for my wife last year after talking to a few guys in different independent shops and the general consensus was to buy the D3200 or the entry +1 level Cannon. She is very happy with it and has taken some great photos. The only down side to a 24Mp camera is sending uncompressed pictures!

Thanks for that Jimmy - I am thinking more of a good quality compact jobbie that will go in my pocket.
    I do like to play the SLR / DSLR game but the bulk always puts me off from taking one out & about.
    I bought the wife a little Fuji - It works fine & takes good pictures but the zoom button is terrible on it - hard to use smoothly & not nice to handle.
    I must get into a good camera shop & have a play with a few to see what handles best.

I'm currently looking at the bridge camera esp the Lumix with the Leica lens. As a diehard SLR user this is an interesting option

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    For general pictures you don't really need the huge megapixel cameras that are everywhere nowadays. A simple 8 or maybe 12mp camera will serve your purposes. 12mp+ is really if you intend to start enlarging images for printing. For example you could enlarge your picture and then crop it to show the top of the mountain.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama